Diving board and torque

• Thread starter Naldo6
  • Start date
How far out on the diving board (see figure below) would a 58.6 kg diver have to be to exert a torque of 1110 m* N on the board, relative to the left support post?

Answers and Replies

LowlyPion
Homework Helper
How far out on the diving board (see figure below) would a 58.6 kg diver have to be to exert a torque of 1110 m* N on the board, relative to the left support post?

What is torque?

T = m*g*d

and what i do with that?.... explian me how to solve it

Try drawing a picture and writing all the facts you know on it. If you do that - and you know what (the definition of) torque is - you will be able to solve the problem yourself.

If you don't know what torque is, have a look in your textbook.

ok... i have did it... but if you know how to solve it... can you do it for me?.....

LowlyPion
Homework Helper
ok... i have did it... but if you know how to solve it... can you do it for me?.....

No. Those are the forum guidelines.

i jave to find out what is torque and put in the equation, then susbtite the mass and g is 9.8 and find the d in the equation?....

LowlyPion
Homework Helper
i jave to find out what is torque and put in the equation, then susbtite the mass and g is 9.8 and find the d in the equation?....

What are you missing that is not given in the problem statement?

T= M*g*D

i am just missing the Distance...i susbtitue allother quantities and then find out what does distance is with that formula?...

LowlyPion
Homework Helper
T= M*g*D

i am just missing the Distance...i susbtitue allother quantities and then find out what does distance is with that formula?...

Sounds like that should do it.