Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrical DIY CPU Fan

1. Jun 17, 2015 #1
    Hi folks.I'm 3rd grade mechanical engineering student.I want to make cpu cooler.I will make pid controlled fan with an arduino. PID path is easy but I could not find anything about fan dynamics. I want to design my own fan.I need something like "fundamentals of fans" that should answer my questions like;

Which material should I use?
    How many blades should I make?
    How thin should it be?
    How much degree of blades should I choose?
    How many fins should I use? etc.

It's not my school project or homework,I just want to make it.In summer I have a lot of time.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Sounds like a fun project. I just googled your phrase Fundamentals of Fans, and got lots of good-looking hits. Why don't you give that a try first, and then post specific questions about that reading (with links to what you have read) if you have specific questions. :smile:

4. Jun 18, 2015 #3
    Yeah you are right.I googled fundamentals of fans after I post this.I just tough of this while I was creating my message. :smile:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook