Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Diy - plasma

1. Jun 14, 2005 #1
    ive been bored so i was lookin for experiments to do for summer break and i came across one on making making and containing plasma... looks fun... but my question is, will i die or something? and what are some of the dangers besides the heat from thee stuff in the microwave...

heres a link to it
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Why can't you just play with a fluorescent light bulb?

4. Jun 14, 2005 #3
    lol wheres the fun in that... but do you know what the dangers may be of this experiment?
  5. Jun 14, 2005 #4
    someone said they made a carrot plasma in their microwave
  6. Jun 14, 2005 #5
    No2 and NO is not very good for health, take this into account.
  7. Jun 14, 2005 #6

Gold Member

If you go to Powerlabs, you can find out how to make plasma globes, among other things. All necessary safety precautions are detailed as well.
  8. Jun 14, 2005 #7
    hey thanks for all your help guys... ill keep my distance from the microwave if i try it some time soon
  9. Jun 14, 2005 #8

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welding is much more fun!
  10. Jun 16, 2005 #9
    I want to make ball lighting you can make that in your microwave, but what im gona do is do it out side and run a extention lead so you can be a safe distance, then only have it going for a few seconds.. oh yeh and probily use a old microwave and also put a cd in it, make's the cd turn all awsum
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?