Expert Answer: The Importance of Research and Self-Learning in Asking Questions

• Thread starter hivesaeed4
  • Start date
  • Tags
    dna
In summary: This is why we prefer questions that are more general so that people can give a little more, or no, detail and the OP can focus on the main points.Essentially we prefer members not to ask "cold" questions, i.e. they demonstrate that they have not done any effort to find an answer before coming here. The reason we prefer this is twofold:1) If someone becomes reliant on just asking PF questions and getting an answer rather than trying to find something out and learn themselves then they are missing out on learning vital skills. Obviously we want people to ask questions but there has to be a mix with self learning. We do not exist as a one stop teaching service.2) Often cold
hivesaeed4
How do DNA, RNA and Proteins bind together? I mean Dna and rna differ in uracil and thymine bases along with the sugars but both differ from proteins in the fact that proteins are made up of amino acids whereas dna and rna are made up of nucleotides. So how do they bind to each other?

Biology news on Phys.org
Amino acids are perfectly capable of interacting with nucleotides. Proteins can interact with nucleic acids in a variety of ways. Many proteins that interact with double-stranded DNA insert a helix into the major groove of the DNA where the amino acid residues can recognize specific bases through hydrogen bonding interactions. Interactions can also occur with between positively-charged residues on the protein and the negatively-charged sugar phosphate backbone of the nucleic acids. Proteins can also interact with the bases through pi-pi stacking or cation-pi interactions.

Ryan_m_b said:
Please try to do a cursory google before asking a question

What?! I thought I had this webite figured out. I thought the preferred paradigm was inexpert person asks question - expert provides answer. It seemed like quite an advanced question to me. If that question is not up to standard then what on Earth is this forum for?

Ken Natton said:
What?! I thought I had this webite figured out. I thought the preferred paradigm was inexpert person asks question - expert provides answer. It seemed like quite an advanced question to me. If that question is not up to standard then what on Earth is this forum for?
ZapperZ has a good blog post about this https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=3588

Essentially we prefer members not to ask "cold" questions, i.e. they demonstrate that they have not done any effort to find an answer before coming here. The reason we prefer this is twofold:

1) If someone becomes reliant on just asking PF questions and getting an answer rather than trying to find something out and learn themselves then they are missing out on learning vital skills. Obviously we want people to ask questions but there has to be a mix with self learning. We do not exist as a one stop teaching service.

2) Often cold questions are quite vague yet the OP is looking for a specific answer. This can waste members time as they begin to give an answer in great detail only to have the OP disregard most of it and focus on the specific they want. If you've seen threads like this you may have seen that they become extremely frustrating for all involved (especially if the OP has some idea in mind they are trying to justify).

Last edited by a moderator:

What is DNA-RNA-Protein binding?

DNA-RNA-Protein binding is a process in which DNA, RNA, and proteins interact with each other to carry out essential cellular functions such as gene expression and protein synthesis.

How does DNA-RNA-Protein binding occur?

DNA-RNA-Protein binding occurs through specific chemical interactions between the nucleotide bases of DNA and RNA, and between amino acids of proteins. These interactions allow for the formation of stable complexes between the molecules.

Why is DNA-RNA-Protein binding important?

DNA-RNA-Protein binding is crucial for the proper functioning of cells and organisms. It allows for the accurate transfer of genetic information from DNA to RNA and the subsequent production of proteins, which are essential for all biological processes.

What factors influence DNA-RNA-Protein binding?

The binding of DNA, RNA, and proteins is influenced by various factors such as the sequence and structure of the molecules, the presence of other molecules or ions, and environmental conditions such as temperature and pH.

What techniques are used to study DNA-RNA-Protein binding?

There are several techniques used to study DNA-RNA-Protein binding, including gel electrophoresis, chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP), and fluorescence microscopy. These techniques allow for the visualization and characterization of the interactions between the molecules.