Do Absolutes Exist? My Perspective

• Thread starter teneighty
  • Start date
In summary: They are absolutely real, but we can never measure them to a finite precision. They exist as approximations to real numbers, and as such we can say that they are absolute.Absolutely! :biggrin: but then everything is relative to something else :rofl:Absolutely! :biggrin: but then everything is relative to something else :rofl:Yes. Absolutely! :biggrin: but then everything is relative to something else :rofl:Absolutely! :biggrin: but then everything is relative to something else :rofl:In summary, I believe that there are absolutes in the physical world. Some things are

Do absolutes exist?

• Yes

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
pi is and is not a number. pi is a measurement of circular precision. i don't mean number as in the calculating end of things. it's infinite characteristic has more value then a simple/absolute number. where say 2 cannot be used for anything other than caculations.

Physics news on Phys.org
but no absolutes do not exist. humans created mathematics as a guide to "measure", if absolutes exist, its because humans say they exist. absolutes are created by us.

paledim said:
but no absolutes do not exist. humans created mathematics as a guide to "measure", if absolutes exist, its because humans say they exist. absolutes are created by us.

Take the Vodka for hexample...

yes lol