Do all the mentors 'own' this forum?

• Thread starter WhiteWolf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, Greg Bernhardt is the sole owner of the forum and the mentors are volunteers. There is at least one other person, Chroot, who is an admin and may also hold some legal sway in the site proprietorship. Chroot has been assigned the duties of inflicting punishments on misbehaving members.
WhiteWolf
This may seem a little dumb of a question, but do all the mentors 'own' this forum? If not, then who does?

Physics news on Phys.org
The webmaster, Greg Bernhardt. I'm pretty sure he's the sole owner. The mentors are just volunteers.

Like Loseyourname said Greg is the Webmaster and the Mentors are just members who volunteer to help out who have shown a good knowledge of the subject for the forum they run. As far as I know too he is the sole owner of the site. There is at least one other person besides Greg who is an Admin though. This person or persons might also hold some legal sway with the site proprietorship, I don't know.

I think that would be Chroot
(I am not sure...)

bomba923 said:
I think that would be Chroot
(I am not sure...)
That's true.
Greg has assigned all duties of inflicting corporeal punishments on misbehaving PF'ers to chroot.

1. What does it mean for a mentor to "own" this forum?

When we say that a mentor "owns" a forum, it means that they are responsible for the overall management and administration of the forum. This includes setting rules and guidelines, monitoring discussions, and addressing any issues that may arise within the forum.

2. Are all the mentors equal in their ownership of the forum?

No, not all mentors have equal ownership of the forum. Some mentors may have a higher level of responsibility and decision-making power, while others may have a more supportive role. The level of ownership may vary depending on the structure and organization of the forum.

3. Do mentors have the final say in all decisions regarding the forum?

In most cases, mentors do have a significant influence and say in decisions regarding the forum. However, it is important to note that the forum may also have other stakeholders, such as administrators or moderators, who may also have a say in certain decisions.

4. Can mentors delegate their ownership responsibilities to others?

Yes, mentors can delegate their ownership responsibilities to others. This could include assigning specific tasks or roles to other mentors or members, or sharing decision-making power with other stakeholders in the forum.

5. Is the ownership of the forum permanent for mentors?

The ownership of the forum may not be permanent for mentors. Depending on the specific forum, ownership may be a rotating role, with different mentors taking on the responsibility at different times. In some cases, mentors may also step down from their ownership role and pass it on to others.