1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do any schools accept engineering tech undergrad degrees to their engineering masters program?

1. Oct 3, 2014 #1
    Hi all, I have been curious about this for a while. I know that some schools do not accept a bachelors in engineering technology for into a Master's Program of Engineering. I was wondering if anybody could tell me if there are schools that do?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 3, 2014 #2

462chevelle

Gold Member

i really doubt it, at a minimum i would think you would have to get a minor in physics to learn the calculus and physics minimum to even understand harder engineering coursework. at my school engineering tech only requires applied calc, which is a joke compared to the calc sequence, they only do simple polynomial calculus.

4. Oct 3, 2014 #3
    At my school, the theoretical coursework for a bachelors in engineering tech is far more in depth and not all that far off from a normal engineering degree

5. Oct 4, 2014 #4

462chevelle

Gold Member

If you have to take the calculus sequence, diff eq, phys1-2, thermo, e and m, fluid mechanics, static, etc. Then it might be possible, but no one will know until you try. At my school the tech degree is more applied engineering, if that makes sense. You do less math, and more hands on work.

6. Oct 5, 2014 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This sounds like something very country dependent.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook