Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Do Falaco solitons also occur in water on a microscopic scale

1. Dec 5, 2017 #1
    Falaco solitons are unique in their longevity, reportedly up to 15 minutes on the surface of a body of still water. For details and the math see {{ http://www22.pair.com/csdc/pdf/pdf/falsol.pdf }} In addition, this persistence occurs at relatively macroscopic sizes in the range of 10 to 40 cm. Falaco solitons are purported to exist at every size level from sub-atomic to cosmic. I am interested in Falaco solitons at the microscopic level in the size range of 1 - 100 micrometers. It has been reported that Falaco solitons in this size range have been observed in bose-einstein condensates. However, I am interested in their possible occurrence in water. I am hoping you folks can give me some insight into this issue. And if Falaco solitons do/could exist at this level, how would we measure them? Thanks so much for your help, folks.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2017 at 6:00 PM #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted