• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Do I have the drive to be a Physicist?

I feel I should point out that the typical salary for a person with a bachelor's degree in physics is not $100,000. It's about half that, plus or minus a bit depending on exactly what you end up doing.

A master's can net you a bit more and a doctoral degree a bit more still.

http://www.aip.org/statistics/trends/emp_salary.html
Yeah, I don't know. I've gotten the same numbers are you before. I've heard a lot of $100,000. I've also heard a lot of $50,000. I'll look at it later, my computer can't really open things lately.

You can spend the rest of your life trying to understand why people (including you) think the things they do and behave the way they do, and you'll still come away confused. That's a big part of what life is.
Hmmm, that's interesting. I always did what I do thinking that there will be an end, an answer. It's complicated, I want to take control of my mind. It's a long process but I always thought what I wanted was possible.... Off topic lol.

Even more off topic yet I'll just mention here that I have back up plans. Another career in the natural sciences would mean being a Chemist. But I think that's close in regards to what I'm thinking about at the moment.

Hehh, I think it's just possible and right because I would always put all my strength into making things understood by everybody to keep them comfortable and aware. That's my explanation......