Do I Need a New Avatar? | Mystery of My Daughter's Tae Kwon Do Black Belt

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary, Don's avatar is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and his daughter is really impressive. He advises caution when posting pictures of your daughter online, as it might not be a good idea.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My current/only avatar is this picture of my daughter just after getting her black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Since it's fairly dark in colors, it's hard to see what it really is, so here's what it looks like in a larger format.

attachment.php?attachmentid=35714&stc=1&d=1305830405.jpg

But may a little mystery is a good thing?

Attachments

• First-Kick.jpg
    First-Kick.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 615
Physics news on Phys.org
might not even be a good idea to post pictures of your daughter on the internet...

Very impressive dlgoff! I never knew what your avatar was before. I wish I could kick like that! There are a few people...

For some reason, I always assumed your avatar was a peach/cherry blossom. Mystery is OK.

I always thought it was a cartoon superhero. Wow, that's an awesome kick!

dlgoff said:
My current/only avatar is this picture of my daughter just after getting her black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
Outstanding kick. Excellent extension! :approve: (And I speak as a fellow TKD blackbelt--from about a lifetime ago.)

I thought it was a cartoon with a toothy grin.

Greg Bernhardt said:
wow that kick is awesome! maybe you can photoshop it a bit

Someone said Photoshop?

awesome_kick.jpg

I just hope her sense of humor is as awesome as her kick

I knew it's a kick, but I thought it's of you or someone [adult] relates to you, never thought it's from a beautiful child. How old is the lady now? :smile:

pergradus said:
might not even be a good idea to post pictures of your daughter on the internet...

Haha! Whoever think of trying that: Don't miss with her.

Hey golfguy, keep it. Such uniqueness can't be replaced... Unless! :biggrin:

Looks painful.

My 2nd cousin's elder daughter used to show up at my house all the time. Tiny little thing, and instead of using gravity or kinetics to force a split, she'd put up a leg and use a door-frame to stretch. Ballet is a demanding master. She was the girl that demanded to have her parents get her to our house early on Christmas morning every year so that she could help me make smoked beef jerky and other treats. My wife and I also made lots of other treats throughout the day but that was her favorite and she HAD to judge the meat with me to see when it was safe to bring in the treats for the others. It was fun.

I took the liberty. I can't guarantee the quality though.
otoj8h.jpg

23tozdd.jpg

i always thought the pic was you.

but, um yeah, the background is too dark.

turbo-1 said:
For some reason, I always assumed your avatar was a peach/cherry blossom. Mystery is OK.

I never KNEW what kind of blossom that I thought your avatar was, only that I thought it was some type of flower.

I thought it was bat man until you corrected me, but I didn't know she was that young (12ish) from the picture.

I was one of the members that couldn't log in, so I couldn't reply until now.

Borek
:rofl: That's outstanding.

turbo
Maybe I'll keep it for the mystery. Oh wait. Too late.
When she was training, one of the exercises was to stand next to the wall where her partner would grab a foot and stretch the leg as high as it would go. Then gently let it go. The rule was you couldn't let it drop more than a couple of inches. Then she would have to hold it there for several minutes.

Pengwuino
It hurt me more than it did her.

Doc Al
Once a black belt, always a black belt. I know my daughter, who'll be 20 next month, uses the tenets of Tae Kwon Do in her daily life. She did manage to get her 3rd degree, but college takes a lot of time now.

QuarkCharmer
Hey thanks. Those look really good. I might have to consider changing to one of them.

Proton Soup
I wish.

Edit:
rootX
You bet me to posting. She was 13yo at the time.

Just for fun, I thought I'd post this pic when she was testing for her 3rd degree.

attachment.php?attachmentid=35722&stc=1&d=1305859735.jpg

Thanks for all the replies.

Attachments

• _DSC0222.JPG
    _DSC0222.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 684
dlgoff said:
Just for fun, I thought I'd post this pic when she was testing for her 3rd degree.

attachment.php?attachmentid=35722&stc=1&d=1305859735.jpg

Thanks for all the replies.

Don,

All I have to say is: You done good...

Simple as that...

Rhody... :approve:

rhody said:
Don,

All I have to say is: You done good...

Simple as that...

Rhody... :approve:

Thank you sir. I'm very proud of her.

hi dlgoff! :smile:

photoshopped :wink:

Attachments

• First-Kick.jpg
    First-Kick.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 383
guess I'm bored. not very arty. first one maybe too bright. too lazy to attempt to clean up the 2nd attempt, but maybe it'd thumbnail ok.

Attachments

• First-Kick2.jpg
    First-Kick2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 395
  • First-Kick3.jpg
    First-Kick3.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 395
Wow. Decisions, decisions. I like them all.

What do you think Photon Soup? Looks good on me?

i'm confused

Dl, what's the new avatar?

A upside down cow? :rofl:

rootX said:
A upside down cow? :rofl:
I want to see the larger picture!

Proton Soup said:
i'm confused

Well, I was using the second one you created for a day then changed it to this one. I have it saved for future reference though.

Evo said:

I am just making a guess , it does look like:

2874183495_3dceafb80d.jpg

but the legs are not long enough so I am very likely wrong.

Thinking more it looks like all the white thing near grass is a cloud but then I have no clue what are block dots.

Evo said:

I stole it from someone post here at PF. I call it existence.

attachment.php?attachmentid=35794&stc=1&d=1306120071.jpg

Attachments

• existence.jpg
    existence.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 478
rootX said:
I am just making a guess , it does look like:

2874183495_3dceafb80d.jpg

but the legs are not long enough so I am very likely wrong.

Thinking more it looks like all the white thing near grass is a cloud but then I have no clue what are block dots.

You're not the one they just arrested for this costume at a kids maze, are you?

http://www.momlogic.com/cow_lady_full.jpg

now I'm really confused

dlgoff said:
I stole it from someone post here at PF. I call it existence.

attachment.php?attachmentid=35794&stc=1&d=1306120071.jpg

My guess was pretty close. :biggrin:

Your updated choice has (IMHO) too much sky and grass, making your guy (when viewed at picture-to-avatar size) see like a cow (like others have so funnily pointed out -- love the dead-cow-paper-maiche). How about cropping the picture, so you show the guy peeking at the tree, but less sky and grass. I suspect this will make it more identifiable at avatar size (I cropped it and viewed it at 25%... making the pic approximately avatar size, and it looked much more like a guy peeking under a curtain than a cow).

<h2>1. Do I really need a new avatar?</h2><p>The decision to get a new avatar is ultimately up to you. If you feel that your current avatar no longer represents you or your interests, then it may be time for a change. However, if you are happy with your current avatar, there is no need to get a new one.</p><h2>2. How often should I change my avatar?</h2><p>There is no set rule for how often you should change your avatar. Some people change it frequently, while others keep the same one for years. It ultimately depends on your personal preference and how often you feel the need for a change.</p><h2>3. What is the significance of my daughter's Tae Kwon Do black belt in my avatar?</h2><p>The significance of your daughter's Tae Kwon Do black belt in your avatar may symbolize your pride and support for your daughter's accomplishments. It could also represent your own interest or involvement in the martial art.</p><h2>4. Can I use a picture of my daughter's Tae Kwon Do black belt as my avatar?</h2><p>Yes, you can use a picture of your daughter's Tae Kwon Do black belt as your avatar. However, it is important to make sure that you have permission to use the image and that it is not copyrighted.</p><h2>5. How can I create a new avatar?</h2><p>There are many different ways to create a new avatar. You can use a photo editing software to create a custom image, use an avatar creation website, or even use a photo of yourself or an object that represents you. It all depends on your creativity and resources.</p>

1. Do I really need a new avatar?

The decision to get a new avatar is ultimately up to you. If you feel that your current avatar no longer represents you or your interests, then it may be time for a change. However, if you are happy with your current avatar, there is no need to get a new one.

2. How often should I change my avatar?

There is no set rule for how often you should change your avatar. Some people change it frequently, while others keep the same one for years. It ultimately depends on your personal preference and how often you feel the need for a change.

3. What is the significance of my daughter's Tae Kwon Do black belt in my avatar?

The significance of your daughter's Tae Kwon Do black belt in your avatar may symbolize your pride and support for your daughter's accomplishments. It could also represent your own interest or involvement in the martial art.

4. Can I use a picture of my daughter's Tae Kwon Do black belt as my avatar?

Yes, you can use a picture of your daughter's Tae Kwon Do black belt as your avatar. However, it is important to make sure that you have permission to use the image and that it is not copyrighted.

5. How can I create a new avatar?

There are many different ways to create a new avatar. You can use a photo editing software to create a custom image, use an avatar creation website, or even use a photo of yourself or an object that represents you. It all depends on your creativity and resources.