Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do I Need a Property Tax Lawyer?

1. Mar 9, 2012 #1
    I have Recently Buyed a new Farm House and Taxes on that is too high according to the actual price of that property, so to get reduction on my property tax. Do I need a Property tax lawyer?
    Please Help…..

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2012 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

4. Mar 9, 2012 #3
    You need to get a home appraiser and then once they give you a value, take it to your city hall and they will adjust your taxes for next year.

5. Mar 9, 2012 #4

Evo

In all of the states I've owned homes, property tax was assessed and collected by the county. I guess it must differ by state if yours is handled by the city. He'll need to check for his state. In the county I currently live in, it is a very convoluted appeals process. You can get an independent appraisal, and submit that with your request for appeal, and you can only request an appeal in the 30 days prior to the date of mailing of the valuation notice. There is no guarantee that they will agree with the private appraisal.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  6. Mar 9, 2012 #5

Evo

Or in the Op's case, the country he lives in. I should've guessed sooner due to the broken English. It's part one of a two part spam! This exact OP is spammed across the internet.

Still the information on property taxes is interesting.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook