Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do mankind deserves existence?

1. Yes

2. No

0 vote(s)
  1. Jun 10, 2004 #1
    Mankind is irrational.
    Their political decisions are often not made uppon logic and science.

I have critisized mankind for this. And each time I've done so, people say that I am stupid, an idiot or something like that.

That have raised the question: Do mankind deserves its existence? No. I don't think so. They are irrational.

In the past the normal, neurotypical people banned all studies and science in France because it was against the religion. Today they don't ban it by prohibiting it and punish students. But they ignore it completely if the scientifical arguments in political discussions are against the culture or nationality.

That makes me really angry. I don't want mankind to live anymore! I don't think they deserves existence for their evil irrationalism! I hate humans because they make their political oppinions uppon irrational arguments and intutions and not on scientifial facts or plain logic.

Make mankind make their political oppinions uppon logic and science - or let it die!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2004 #2
    Death to irrationality!

Intolerance can breed fanaticism. :uhh:

See what I mean? :biggrin:

I don’t love everything about humans, and their nature, but that doesn’t have to translate into yearning for their destruction. I make allowances partly from holding the view that human beings essentially are just *uck animals with a big brain, but, whatever works to keep the ball rolling is good. :smile:

*in voice of Karl Childers*
    Ahhight then. :tongue2:
  4. Jun 10, 2004 #3

Science Advisor

There is no "deserves" in nature.

5. Jun 10, 2004 #4
    if it exist it deserves to exist.
  6. Jun 11, 2004 #5

Gold Member

dcgeek, "they" who? Are you not a member of mankind? Scientists and logicians are memebers of mankind. So your statement,
    is irrational, amongst other things. Do you seriously want to kill people?
  7. Jun 11, 2004 #6
    We exist. Deal with it.
  8. Jun 11, 2004 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

1. Why does an irrational being not deserve to exist?
    2. Since the judgment of irrationality is passed by a member of the irrational population (you, a member of humanity), how can we trust it? Isn't this an "The Cretan Philosopher says All Cretans are Liars" paradox?
  9. Jun 11, 2004 #8
    Existence is not predicated upon anything. I challenge you to provide the evidence that existence depends upon forthcoming rational action excluding all other sorts of action. Though in spirit I tend to agree with you, however, your argument does not follow.
  10. Jun 11, 2004 #9
    I didn't realize just how much I have missed reading your posts until right there! :biggrin:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?