Do scientists drink coffee?

• Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I keep looking for where the battery door is.
And what did you find... :wink:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Oh, I just found a new coffee that I love :biggrin: It's Folger's Vanilla Biscotti, soooooo good!!!!

I drank coffee every day before going to sleep but it had no effect on me so I just stopped.

I drink water to wake me up

I drink water to wake me up
Wow, that's cool that water can wake you up. You are one of the few in which that works, and it's alot cheaper too, though not alot of flavor :uhh:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wow, that's cool that water can wake you up. You are one of the few in which that works, and it's alot cheaper too, though not alot of flavor :uhh:
Water wakes me up too...but it has to be poured over my head to work. :biggrin:

Water wakes me up too...but it has to be poured over my head to work. :biggrin:
Haha :biggrin:

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
I love coffee. Been cutting it to 50% decaf (or more) for about the last 8 years, just so I can drink more of it.

Best coffee I know of is at Small World Cafe in Princeton, NJ. Second best coffee is what I make at home.

I love coffee. Been cutting it to 50% decaf (or more) for about the last 8 years, just so I can drink more of it.

Best coffee I know of is at Small World Cafe in Princeton, NJ. Second best coffee is what I make at home.
What kind of coffee do you use to make it at home??

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
I get whole been Sumatra (reg & decaf) at a local health food store.

Not trying to lay any claims to greatness, it's more a comment on coffee that gets served in most restaurants, convenient stores, fast food places, etc.

Oh, ok, I'll have to try it out sometime, but I'm not much for the decaf, though, it still has the same effects on me, lol.

I'm one of those people that is not affected by caffeine. Since I was young, I have always had a cup of coffee just before going to bed because I find it relaxing.

At work, I often make the coffee with decaf because there is much more of it. I just don't tell anyone. Funny, everyone gets the same "buzz" off the decaf as they do with regular. :rofl: People will actually be drinking the decaf I made and talking about how they can't drink decaf because of the flavor. :rofl: <snort>

I know, I get my kicks deceiving people.
This doesn't surprise me, actually. Sounds like a text-book case of classical conditioning. I know that as of right now, being the end of semester, I've been drinking coffee breakfast-lunch-dinner, and that morning cup seems to have effects earlier than seems really possible for the caffeine to enter my bloodstream.

I also love coffee, and am in no way picky, except when it comes to price. So I drink Wal-Mart coffee, black w/ roughly twice the grinds suggested. Starbucks is redonkulously overpriced.

Starbucks is really expensive, and yet it tastes so good. I had some of it today actually :biggrin: YUMMY, and it makes me so hyper!!!!

Java Monster FTW (For the Win)

I Look like this on it :rofl::approve::yuck::cool::bugeye::eek::uhh::tongue2::surprised:biggrin: