Do the ladies all ways win ?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date

wolram

Gold Member
Well i for one am a sucker for the female charm, but i don't all ways give in, if
the debate is important i state my view, and only change my mind if it's proven
i am wrong, it's got me in the dog house a few times, but i think the air is better
afterwards.

FredGarvin

Science Advisor
When it comes to arguing with a woman, you may "win" the argument, but trust me, you are still a loser.

How horrid life would be if someone won all the time. I think a little humble pie, on boths sides is the best answer. With a personal friend, it to me, is not a matter of winning or loosing, its more like learning from each other.
Respecting and understanding a different point of view, is never loosing. I would never presume that pushing my ideas in someones face is winning.

Evo

Mentor
FredGarvin said:
When it comes to arguing with a woman, you may "win" the argument, but trust me, you are still a loser.
:biggrin: You are a wise man.

wolram

Gold Member
Evo said:
She who shall be obeyed has spoken, but i am sure you fight a fair fight
:biggrin: :tongue2:

FredGarvin

Science Advisor
Evo said:
A dog only needs to be whacked on the nose with the newspaper so many times before he learns.

Evo

Mentor
wolram said:
She who shall be obeyed has spoken, but i am sure you fight a fair fight
:biggrin: :tongue2:
I hate to argue, I will walk away and do domething else, rather than fight. Usually after about 5 minutes, it's not even worth arguing about anymore.

I will always admit if I am wrong.

Nothing about women is simple.

You want her to respect you and that means not losing all the time.
But she must always win. How do you get out of this?

You let her win unless it's really a big deal. Then you stand your ground
but never be hurtful about it. For a woman the argument is not really about
the merits but about the emotional exchange you have and the way its conducted.
Usually this is a power stuggle expressing itself but often its just plain female ego.

wolram

Gold Member
FredGarvin said:
A dog only needs to be whacked on the nose with the newspaper so many times before he learns.
There goe's a broken man
:rofl:

wolram

Gold Member
Evo said:
I hate to argue, I will walk away and do domething else, rather than fight. Usually after about 5 minutes, it's not even worth arguing about anymore.

You are such a nice kind lady and Hypatia makes two.

FredGarvin

Science Advisor
wolram said:
There goe's a broken man
:rofl:
I prefer to think of it as "educated" in these ways.

honestrosewater

Gold Member
I agree with hypatia: it's all about learning. Mainly, him learning that I will always win. :biggrin:

Lisa!

Gold Member
I hate it when men pretend you're always right and I hate it when they try to disagree with you just because you're female! :grumpy:

wolram

Gold Member
honestrosewater said:
I agree with hypatia: it's all about learning. Mainly, him learning that I will always win. :biggrin:

deep voice i would'nt give in.

wolram

Gold Member
Lisa! said:
I hate it when men pretend you're always right and I hate it when they try to disagree with you just because you're female! :grumpy:
I agree thats not cricket, but is it just because you are female?

Lisa!

Gold Member
wolram said:
I agree thats not cricket, but is it just because you are female?
:devil: :devil: :devil:

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Lisa! said:
:rolleyes: ---sigh--- I think it's time to go fix the sprinkler heads in the yard.

Evo said:
In cyberspace, no one can see your nose grow.

honestrosewater

Gold Member
wolram said:
deep voice i would'nt give in.
That's why you're getting doughnuts and coke for dinner. :biggrin:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
hypatia said:
With a personal friend, it to me, is not a matter of winning or loosing, its more like learning from each other.
Wait, I don't think you have that quite right. It's not about winning or losing but how good the make-up sex is afterward! :blushing:

I enjoy arguing, really. I would find a relationship very boring if a guy just agreed with everything I said or if I had to agree with him all the time becasue he couldn't take a few lumps. I think a healthy relationship can withstand, and even needs to include, some arguments. But, it's really how you argue and how you resolve the argument that's important. If you end up insulting each other and stomping off sulking, that's no good, but if you can focus on the issue, blow off steam and get it off your chest then end up laughing when it's over, you'll be just fine.

wolram

Gold Member
honestrosewater said:
That's why you're getting doughnuts and coke for dinner. :biggrin:
Dho, Dho, see what happens guys you try your best, but ,"they", all ways win.
:biggrin: :grumpy:

wolram

Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Wait, I don't think you have that quite right. It's not about winning or losing but how good the make-up sex is afterward! :blushing:

I enjoy arguing, really. I would find a relationship very boring if a guy just agreed with everything I said or if I had to agree with him all the time becasue he couldn't take a few lumps. I think a healthy relationship can withstand, and even needs to include, some arguments. But, it's really how you argue and how you resolve the argument that's important. If you end up insulting each other and stomping off sulking, that's no good, but if you can focus on the issue, blow off steam and get it off your chest then end up laughing when it's over, you'll be just fine.
Moon B, you are very wise, so from now on no stomping or sulking guys.

FredGarvin said:
That is sheer worst BS i've ever heard in my life. A woman is a person, and if you have good arguments, BAM, end of story you win. No touchy touchy sissy stuff like that.

wolram

Gold Member
Lisa! said:
No need to be cross Lisa, so many have been proven wrong, i doubt if being
female will change the status quo.

FredGarvin

Science Advisor
Bladibla said:
That is sheer worst BS i've ever heard in my life. A woman is a person, and if you have good arguments, BAM, end of story you win. No touchy touchy sissy stuff like that.
Spoken by someone who doesn't have to live with a woman after you've "won" your fight. Not touchy-sissy.