Are Women Really Always the Winners in Relationships?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the male argues using logic and facts, while the female uses emotional appeals and threats. The male is better at this, but the female is ultimately the one who wins.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Well i for one am a sucker for the female charm, but i don't all ways give in, if
the debate is important i state my view, and only change my mind if it's proven
i am wrong, it's got me in the dog house a few times, but i think the air is better
afterwards.

Physics news on Phys.org
When it comes to arguing with a woman, you may "win" the argument, but trust me, you are still a loser.

How horrid life would be if someone won all the time. I think a little humble pie, on boths sides is the best answer. With a personal friend, it to me, is not a matter of winning or loosing, its more like learning from each other.
Respecting and understanding a different point of view, is never loosing. I would never presume that pushing my ideas in someones face is winning.

FredGarvin said:
When it comes to arguing with a woman, you may "win" the argument, but trust me, you are still a loser.
:biggrin: You are a wise man.

Evo said:

She who shall be obeyed has spoken, but i am sure you fight a fair fight
:biggrin: :tongue2:

Evo said:
A dog only needs to be whacked on the nose with the newspaper so many times before he learns.

wolram said:
She who shall be obeyed has spoken, but i am sure you fight a fair fight
:biggrin: :tongue2:
I hate to argue, I will walk away and do domething else, rather than fight. Usually after about 5 minutes, it's not even worth arguing about anymore.

I will always admit if I am wrong.

Nothing about women is simple.

You want her to respect you and that means not losing all the time.
But she must always win. How do you get out of this?

You let her win unless it's really a big deal. Then you stand your ground
but never be hurtful about it. For a woman the argument is not really about
the merits but about the emotional exchange you have and the way its conducted.
Usually this is a power stuggle expressing itself but often its just plain female ego.

FredGarvin said:
A dog only needs to be whacked on the nose with the newspaper so many times before he learns.

There goe's a broken man
:rofl:

Evo said:
I hate to argue, I will walk away and do domething else, rather than fight. Usually after about 5 minutes, it's not even worth arguing about anymore.

You are such a nice kind lady and Hypatia makes two.

wolram said:
There goe's a broken man
:rofl:
I prefer to think of it as "educated" in these ways.

I agree with hypatia: it's all about learning. Mainly, him learning that I will always win. :biggrin:

I hate it when men pretend you're always right and I hate it when they try to disagree with you just because you're female! :grumpy:

honestrosewater said:
I agree with hypatia: it's all about learning. Mainly, him learning that I will always win. :biggrin:

deep voice i would'nt give in.

Lisa! said:
I hate it when men pretend you're always right and I hate it when they try to disagree with you just because you're female! :grumpy:

I agree that's not cricket, but is it just because you are female?

wolram said:
I agree that's not cricket, but is it just because you are female?
:devil: :devil: :devil:

Lisa! said:
:rolleyes: ---sigh--- I think it's time to go fix the sprinkler heads in the yard.

Evo said:
In cyberspace, no one can see your nose grow.

wolram said:
deep voice i would'nt give in.
That's why you're getting doughnuts and coke for dinner. :biggrin:

hypatia said:
With a personal friend, it to me, is not a matter of winning or loosing, its more like learning from each other.

Wait, I don't think you have that quite right. It's not about winning or losing but how good the make-up sex is afterward! :blushing:

I enjoy arguing, really. I would find a relationship very boring if a guy just agreed with everything I said or if I had to agree with him all the time becasue he couldn't take a few lumps. I think a healthy relationship can withstand, and even needs to include, some arguments. But, it's really how you argue and how you resolve the argument that's important. If you end up insulting each other and stomping off sulking, that's no good, but if you can focus on the issue, blow off steam and get it off your chest then end up laughing when it's over, you'll be just fine.

honestrosewater said:
That's why you're getting doughnuts and coke for dinner. :biggrin:

Dho, Dho, see what happens guys you try your best, but ,"they", all ways win.
:biggrin: :grumpy:

Moonbear said:
Wait, I don't think you have that quite right. It's not about winning or losing but how good the make-up sex is afterward! :blushing:

I enjoy arguing, really. I would find a relationship very boring if a guy just agreed with everything I said or if I had to agree with him all the time becasue he couldn't take a few lumps. I think a healthy relationship can withstand, and even needs to include, some arguments. But, it's really how you argue and how you resolve the argument that's important. If you end up insulting each other and stomping off sulking, that's no good, but if you can focus on the issue, blow off steam and get it off your chest then end up laughing when it's over, you'll be just fine.

Moon B, you are very wise, so from now on no stomping or sulking guys.

FredGarvin said:

That is sheer worst BS I've ever heard in my life. A woman is a person, and if you have good arguments, BAM, end of story you win. No touchy touchy sissy stuff like that.

Lisa! said:
:devil: :devil: :devil:

No need to be cross Lisa, so many have been proven wrong, i doubt if being
female will change the status quo.

Bladibla said:
That is sheer worst BS I've ever heard in my life. A woman is a person, and if you have good arguments, BAM, end of story you win. No touchy touchy sissy stuff like that.
Spoken by someone who doesn't have to live with a woman after you've "won" your fight. Not touchy-sissy.

FredGarvin said:
Spoken by someone who doesn't have to live with a woman after you've "won" your fight. Not touchy-sissy.

What has that got to do with anything? It is appropriate to treat people equally, and women are not exceptions to that because they are the opposite sex. If they don't have the guts to take that, then they are just shallow and don't deserve to be with anyone in the first place.

Bladibla said:
What has that got to do with anything? It is appropriate to treat people equally, and women are not exceptions to that because they are the opposite sex. If they don't have the guts to take that, then they are just shallow and don't deserve to be with anyone in the first place.

You must rememer that the past has not been kind to the female sex, guts to
stand against the male has ,"Evolved", and i like that.

zoobyshoe said:
In cyberspace, no one can see your nose grow.
I'm never wrong. :devil:

Evo said:
I'm never wrong. :devil:

In the beginning there was only man, then some dick head decided to create
woman, one up to dick head, but boy do we suffer.

What does it mean to 'win?' To get what you want? If that is the case, all you need is learn to take control of your own desires and you will always win. I have to warn you - I've become expert at manipulating the female psyche to the point where the ladies never win (assuming we're truly in conflict and there must be a 'winner'), but all that gets me is five minutes of self-righteous satisfaction.

loseyourname said:
What does it mean to 'win?' To get what you want? If that is the case, all you need is learn to take control of your own desires and you will always win. I have to warn you - I've become expert at manipulating the female psyche to the point where the ladies never win (assuming we're truly in conflict and there must be a 'winner'), but all that gets me is five minutes of self-righteous satisfaction.

RIP Loseyourname

/sigh

to you doubters: sometimes when you win, you really loose, and one day when you're relishing your victory while sleeping on the couch after a nice dinner of crackers and koolaid you'll start to wonder if "winning" every time is truly worth the price.

Some women have the incorrect attitude that they are never wrong and will never admit they are wrong just because that would mean they are not perfect. Those are the types of women who will "make you pay for your insolence". I avoid those women on a personal level.

as someone pointed out earlier, women have egos too, and when you're a know it all, they become defensive and refuse to admit they are wrong even when they know they are wrong. You have to maintain a careful balance between cowering pathetic "yes man" and overbearing pompous self-righteous know it all

It's a fine line :biggrin:

Last edited:
I've had a problem with exs in that they get intimidated by my intelligence, not that I'm terribly intelligent really but it happens. The effect was that they would begin to feel insecure and think that I was trying to show them up or make them feel stupid which was never the case. Well... actually when a person, no matter who they are, starts to get personal I have the habit of throwing it right back at them. During my last relationship I learned to not do that so much. I had the foolish idea that if I were to treat a person in a mock version of the way they were treating me they would get the point. I still do it but not so much. At any rate that would really only happen after they were already angry with me. I still have no idea how to keep that from happening.

I remember I had a female friend who I had a big crush on in High School and we used to argue all the time. People thought we were about ready to go to blows sometimes but neither of us were ever actually mad at the other. I miss that.
Oh.. then there was the girl I asked out on a date and she suggested we play a game of chess. She wasn't very happy that I beat her every game and then she never talked to me again lol. But who wants to date someone like that anyway, male or female? I like women that get mad if you let them win personally.

Lisa! said:
And, not the least, you absolutely loathe it when men are actually correct.. :biggrin:

arildno said:
And, not the least, you absolutely loathe it when men are actually correct.. :biggrin:
:rofl: :rofl: I've no experience about that!