Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do vitamins, calcium and vitamin c suppliments really work?

1. Jun 28, 2005 #1
    Do vitamins, calcium and vitamin c suppliments really work?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2005 #2

DocToxyn

Science Advisor

That depends on what you want them to do. If you are looking for a way to make up for a lack of some dietary component, then they probably would work for that, although I would imagine you're best getting suh things from whole foods. If you are taking mega-doses of Vit. C to prevent/treat colds, maybe yes, maybe no. What are you specifically referring to in terms of their action?

4. Jun 28, 2005 #3
  5. Jun 28, 2005 #4

saltydog

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You'll need them if you don't get them through your diet: Think vitamins, minerals, fats, carbs, and proteins. Some fat is good for you. Learn about what food contains. Did I already mention collard greens? Learn about healthy foods. I know, no time. It's tough to eat right. Try your best. If you eat right, can pretty much eliminate taking suppliments (that includes a gallon of low-fat milk a week though). :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?