Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do We Need Intelligence In Heaven ?

1. Aug 12, 2005 #1
    In this life we need to think to solve our problems and get ourselves through .But what about in heaven if everything is provided and no problem exist , so our mind is deactivated and I suppose 'I think therefore I am' wouldn't work there, you wouldn't realize you exist . In hell , I think you need intelligence to get yourself out even if there is no solution exist.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2005 #2
    That must be your idea of heaven because that certainly wouldn't be heaven for me. :wink:
  4. Aug 12, 2005 #3

Gold Member

Well if we did live in a place where everything is provided to us.... wouldn't we need intelligence to know what we actually do need in the first place?

I think dieing will be fun. It will sort out a lot of problems in my opinion.
  5. Aug 12, 2005 #4
    I don't want to spend an eternity in a heaven thats perfect. That's why life is exciting.
  6. Aug 12, 2005 #5
    If you believe in heaven or any kind of afterlife you probably also have to believe that specific matters of God are simply outside the human intellectual capacity. If that's the case, anything you come up with is just a philosophical game that has no basis in reality. Sure that's a copout but the question is unanswerable outside of faith.
    All you can really assume is that since it's a completely different state of being, conepts like "being provided for" aren't even relevant.
  7. Aug 12, 2005 #6
    What do students learn in high school these days?
  8. Aug 12, 2005 #7

Gold Member

How to have sex
  9. Aug 12, 2005 #8
    That would explain the ineptitude.
  10. Aug 12, 2005 #9

Gold Member

Well we know how to do drugs too :frown:
  11. Aug 13, 2005 #10

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Although this question has not been explicitly framed within a particular religious context, I believe it is still largely a question involving concepts particular to some religious belief systems. Worse, those concepts are not at issue, but are axiomatically accepted and form the background on which the real question is asked. As such, this discussion is not amenable to PF's policy on religious discussion. I encourage the original poster to seek discussion of this topic on a more appropriate forum.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?