Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do women find scientists attractive? Specifically physicists?

1. Dec 13, 2013 #1
    From your own experience do you think being a scientist or a science student has helped you attract beautiful girls?

Discuss.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2013 #2
    Sorry bro, but you're in the wrong field if you're looking to attract "beautiful girls" based on your profession alone. Better start studying for the LSAT or MCAT if that's your goal.

4. Dec 13, 2013 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Physicists in general? No.
    Particular physicists? Yes.
    Me personally? Of course!

5. Dec 13, 2013 #4

MarneMath

Education Advisor

Wait you're telling me you never see the swarm of beautiful women at every physics conference waiting to just glance at a physicist?! I envy them physicist for that.

6. Dec 13, 2013 #5

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

Women are not a monolithic group. Just like men they have individual tastes and few will care that much about what their partner does for a living.

7. Dec 13, 2013 #6
    Terrible troll thread. That avatar was a dead give away not to mention the username n who makes these kind of threads? Smh

8. Dec 13, 2013 #7
    I think Physicist mean {genius} and women love this :biggrin:

9. Dec 13, 2013 #8
    My wife is pretty good looking, but im a bio major. But if i where you i would look for a girl that can understand and talk about your interests rather then just a pretty face. Good looks are no fun to talk to I'd rather date a fugly duckling thats smart then a model who is dumb...

10. Dec 13, 2013 #9
    Don't feed the troll.

11. Dec 13, 2013 #10

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most physicists (male and female) are married, at least ##\exists##, but probably not ##\forall##.

12. Dec 13, 2013 #11

strangerep

Science Advisor

... until the genius physicist says something the woman doesn't agree with. :eek:

13. Dec 13, 2013 #12
    :bugeye:
    Do you have any peer reviewed sources for that claim? We don't make statements like that willy-nilly on PF.

14. Dec 14, 2013 #13
    Contrary to how it is portrayed in big bang theory, you're screwed.

15. Dec 14, 2013 #14

ShayanJ

Gold Member

That was funny,thanks!

Anyway,I think I should remind you guys that we have females among both physicists and physics students and no one doomed female physicists and physics students to be ugly!
    Also,I think even among females not in physics,physicists can find a good one for marriage.Its not like people see physicists as little green men with jellylike gruesome bodies!!!
    And we should also remember its not only beauty that matters,marriage is very different from buying luxuries and delicious snacks!

16. Dec 20, 2013 #15

Claude Bile

Science Advisor

I have been married for 10 years and my wife still refers to my career as "lasers and stuff".

In essence, being a scientist means precisely nothing for most women (beautiful or otherwise). And nor should it really.

Do you chase women/men based on their career choices??

Claude.

17. Dec 25, 2013 #16
    I don't think that an average woman finds an average scientist attractive. I think there are specific characteristics which make a male attractive to a woman. I can't define all of them but from my experience these are prestigious profession, leadership, height, build, he must be not boring, smart. If a scientist has all the necessary characteristics then he is attractive to women but from my experience an average scientist has fewer necessary characteristics than an avarage manager.

18. Dec 25, 2013 #17

StatGuy2000

Education Advisor

I'm curious about which specific "necessary" characteristics do the average scientist, in your experience, lack compared to the average manager.

19. Dec 25, 2013 #18
    Manager is believed to be more prestigious profession than scientist. Scientists are often cautious, they won't make a decision if they aren't certain about it. I think that one can't be certain about real life things like scientists are used to be certain about things therefore they often can't make confident statements which are needed to be a leader. Scientists rarely visit gym. People often find that scientists are boring. I don't know anything about correlation between height and being scientist. I think that the average scientist is smarter than the average manager.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  20. Dec 25, 2013 #19

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You are spouting a lot of misinformation, you should probably stop.

21. Dec 25, 2013 #20

StatGuy2000

Education Advisor

LOL! I have never heard so much horses**t being spouted in the above post.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook