Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
How do you feel about polls? Really.

Evo

Mentor
Hey, you got it to work!

I voted. :biggrin: I like polls. I got to vote on roasting a chicken earlier. :approve:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm wondering if anyone will choose option 3.

Pengwuino

Gold Member
*looks at never*

..... how am i suppose to voice my opinion?!?!??!?!?!?! *screams*

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
I'm wondering if anyone will choose option 3.
And I didn't wonder long!

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
And I didn't wonder long!
LOL!!! As soon as I saw the thread title, I was wondering on that one.

I love answering polls. I even signed up to get some online surveys just so I can entertain myself answering polls. I like the idea that on those things, the probably have someone reading the results just puzzled that someone could be so uninterested in buying everything on their list (I got one asking about what new magazine ideas I thought were good, and they all sounded lame, so I told them so). The funny thing though, is that I get surveys in the mail, and I sit right down and fill them out, because it's fun, and sometimes they send me free samples or coupons after I send them in, but then the vast majority sit on my desk and I forget to put them in the mail, until I eventually decide it's too late and toss them in the trash.

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear, when I worked in database marketing we dreamed about people like you. But don't you get barraged with credit card offers and "sweepstakes notifications" and other kinds of junk mail?

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
Moonbear, when I worked in database marketing we dreamed about people like you. But don't you get barraged with credit card offers and "sweepstakes notifications" and other kinds of junk mail?
Not much, but I don't mind so much. It's much worse having only bills in the mailbox. :cry: I do have myself on one of those don't send me junkmail lists (the things that preceded do not call lists), so I get some, but then seem to get taken back off the lists again soon after. I won't do any that I have to give my phone number, and I just give them my spam-catching email address if they insist on one (I never use it, all it does is collect the spam from when I fill out forms online). I'll never answer a poll on the phone.

Oh, but I do get catalogs! Lots of catalogs! I wonder what the mailman must think, since I do get some strange ones. :bugeye: (He seems to fold certain ones inside of the other mail when they arrive, as if he's worried someone else might see what's in my mailbox). The funniest, to me, is that I keep getting a Playboy catalogue. They have an address you can request to get off their mailing list if it offends you, but I just find it too funny to stop. I look at some of the things they sell, turn it around sideways, upside down, and still can't quite figure out what the point is. Does a guy need to see you in a thing that's essentially a rhinestone choker and a rhinestone belt connected by rhinestones down your middle? It just looks like it would have sharp edges, or break or get in the way. Or who would get Playboy rabbit's head logo billiard balls? :confused: Obviously the catalog is intended for a male audience.

Last edited:

Danger

Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Does a guy need to see you in a thing that's essentially a rhinestone choker and a rhinestone belt connected by rhinestones down your middle?
Yes :approve:

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Moonbear said:
I love answering polls. I even signed up to get some online surveys just so I can entertain myself answering polls.
Theres a company that pays people to take surveys! You only get a few a year for a couple of bucks each... but its money! The surveys are rather long though and ou have to qualify for them...

Danger

Gold Member
Statistically, I suspect that some of us who clicked #3 might be lying.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Danger said:
Since you dared to answer...what good are the rhinestones? Don't get me wrong, I think a little giftwrapping is a fun thing to do, but the stuff in that Playboy catalog just looks trashy. Besides, I'm sure that rhinestone thing is probably pretty challenging to figure out how to put on once you have it...do you want a woman spending half the night in the bathroom trying to figure out how to put on some contraption like that? Oh, it's also funny how they manage to airbrush all the models so you don't see anything "inappropriate." Now, how is that going to sell anything to the men the catalog is targeted for? :rofl:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pengwuino said:
Theres a company that pays people to take surveys! You only get a few a year for a couple of bucks each... but its money! The surveys are rather long though and ou have to qualify for them...
It would depend how long and how much they paid. I got a survey with a dollar in it once. :rofl: I just found that funny. As if a dollar was going to convince anyone to fill it out when they already had the dollar! The market researchers at the mall usually pay $5. :biggrin:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Danger said:
Statistically, I suspect that some of us who clicked #3 might be lying.
I think we know who the wise guys are around here now! :rofl:

I never respond to polls that is why I chose the third option, wait I just responded! :surprised

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
polyb said:
I never respond to polls that is why I chose the third option, wait I just responded! :surprised
Yep, it's a trick question! :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Yep, it's a trick question! :rofl:
Ahhhhhhhhhh:grumpy: , ya got me! :rofl:

I'll never answer another poll again!

Hey why dont you start a poll on that! :rofl:

Danger

Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Since you dared to answer...
:devil: I assumed that it was a rhetorical question, so I gave you a rhetorical answer.

Danger

Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Now, how is that going to sell anything to the men the catalog is targeted for? :rofl:
Wishful thinking. They won't think of the impracticality until it's too late.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Danger said:
Wishful thinking. They won't think of the impracticality until it's too late.
LOL! I think that's the difference between men and women buying these things. Men look at them and just have thoughts of seeing their partner wearing them (or having the model as their partner :rolleyes:), women look at them and think, "Do you have any idea how many buttons and hooks and clasps that thing has? It'll take all night to get it on, and you'll be asleep by then."

Or maybe I'm just too practical. :rolleyes: Why doesn't anyone send me a survey on lingerie styles? It shouldn't have anything more complicated than Velcro closures. :biggrin:

Danger

Gold Member
Moonbear said:
It shouldn't have anything more complicated than Velcro closures. :biggrin:
Be careful with the placement! When the zipper busted on my favourite pair of jeans, I replaced it with Velcro to save time. There were... complications... :surprised

Last edited:

Danger

Gold Member
Evo said:
Hey, you got it to work!

I voted. :biggrin: I like polls. I got to vote on roasting a chicken earlier. :approve:
Did the chicken get a vote?

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Danger said:
Be careful with the placement! When the zipper busted on my favourite pair of jeans, I replaced it with Velcro to save time. There were... complications... :surprised
But, in this case, the "complications" aren't a downside. :biggrin:

SOS2008

Gold Member
Pengwuino said:
Yeh, and I voted and started to post in "The PF Singles" poll before leaving for the weekend, but it didn't go through (geez I don't think I'll catch up!)--but what I was going to say is you could charge a fee for match-making too! :wink:
polyb said:
Too funny! :rofl:

I picked #2 in this one. I don't like to participate in marketing polls. I don't see why I should take time out of my schedule to help companies do a better job of selling their products/services to me. The PF polls are the best! :biggrin:

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
As soon as I saw a new poll posted, I could hardly wait to respond. Of course, truthfully, I never respond truthfully to polls.