Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you answer polls?

1. Yes, frequently.

27.3%
  2. Yes, occasionally.

41.8%
  3. No, never.

30.9%
  1. Mar 21, 2005 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How do you feel about polls? Really.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hey, you got it to work!

I voted. :biggrin: I like polls. I got to vote on roasting a chicken earlier. :approve:

4. Mar 21, 2005 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm wondering if anyone will choose option 3.

5. Mar 21, 2005 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

*looks at never*

..... how am i suppose to voice my opinion?!?!??!?!?!?! *screams*

6. Mar 21, 2005 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And I didn't wonder long!

7. Mar 21, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL!!! As soon as I saw the thread title, I was wondering on that one.

I love answering polls. I even signed up to get some online surveys just so I can entertain myself answering polls. I like the idea that on those things, the probably have someone reading the results just puzzled that someone could be so uninterested in buying everything on their list (I got one asking about what new magazine ideas I thought were good, and they all sounded lame, so I told them so). The funny thing though, is that I get surveys in the mail, and I sit right down and fill them out, because it's fun, and sometimes they send me free samples or coupons after I send them in, but then the vast majority sit on my desk and I forget to put them in the mail, until I eventually decide it's too late and toss them in the trash.

8. Mar 21, 2005 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Moonbear, when I worked in database marketing we dreamed about people like you. But don't you get barraged with credit card offers and "sweepstakes notifications" and other kinds of junk mail?

9. Mar 21, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not much, but I don't mind so much. It's much worse having only bills in the mailbox. :cry: I do have myself on one of those don't send me junkmail lists (the things that preceded do not call lists), so I get some, but then seem to get taken back off the lists again soon after. I won't do any that I have to give my phone number, and I just give them my spam-catching email address if they insist on one (I never use it, all it does is collect the spam from when I fill out forms online). I'll never answer a poll on the phone.

Oh, but I do get catalogs! Lots of catalogs! I wonder what the mailman must think, since I do get some strange ones. :bugeye: (He seems to fold certain ones inside of the other mail when they arrive, as if he's worried someone else might see what's in my mailbox). The funniest, to me, is that I keep getting a Playboy catalogue. They have an address you can request to get off their mailing list if it offends you, but I just find it too funny to stop. I look at some of the things they sell, turn it around sideways, upside down, and still can't quite figure out what the point is. Does a guy need to see you in a thing that's essentially a rhinestone choker and a rhinestone belt connected by rhinestones down your middle? It just looks like it would have sharp edges, or break or get in the way. Or who would get Playboy rabbit's head logo billiard balls? :confused: Obviously the catalog is intended for a male audience.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  10. Mar 21, 2005 #9

Danger

Gold Member

Yes :approve:

11. Mar 21, 2005 #10

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Theres a company that pays people to take surveys! You only get a few a year for a couple of bucks each... but its money! The surveys are rather long though and ou have to qualify for them...

12. Mar 21, 2005 #11

Danger

Gold Member

Statistically, I suspect that some of us who clicked #3 might be lying.

13. Mar 21, 2005 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Since you dared to answer...what good are the rhinestones? Don't get me wrong, I think a little giftwrapping is a fun thing to do, but the stuff in that Playboy catalog just looks trashy. Besides, I'm sure that rhinestone thing is probably pretty challenging to figure out how to put on once you have it...do you want a woman spending half the night in the bathroom trying to figure out how to put on some contraption like that? Oh, it's also funny how they manage to airbrush all the models so you don't see anything "inappropriate." Now, how is that going to sell anything to the men the catalog is targeted for? :rofl:

14. Mar 21, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It would depend how long and how much they paid. I got a survey with a dollar in it once. :rofl: I just found that funny. As if a dollar was going to convince anyone to fill it out when they already had the dollar! The market researchers at the mall usually pay $5. :biggrin:

15. Mar 21, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think we know who the wise guys are around here now! :rofl:

16. Mar 21, 2005 #15
    I never respond to polls that is why I chose the third option, wait I just responded! :surprised

17. Mar 21, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, it's a trick question! :rofl:

18. Mar 21, 2005 #17
    Ahhhhhhhhhh:grumpy: , ya got me! :rofl:

I'll never answer another poll again!

Hey why dont you start a poll on that! :rofl:

19. Mar 21, 2005 #18

Danger

Gold Member

:devil: I assumed that it was a rhetorical question, so I gave you a rhetorical answer.

20. Mar 21, 2005 #19

Danger

Gold Member

Wishful thinking. They won't think of the impracticality until it's too late.

21. Mar 21, 2005 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! I think that's the difference between men and women buying these things. Men look at them and just have thoughts of seeing their partner wearing them (or having the model as their partner :rolleyes:), women look at them and think, "Do you have any idea how many buttons and hooks and clasps that thing has? It'll take all night to get it on, and you'll be asleep by then."

Or maybe I'm just too practical. :rolleyes: Why doesn't anyone send me a survey on lingerie styles? It shouldn't have anything more complicated than Velcro closures. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?