Answering Polls? What's Your Take?

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, Moonbear thought that polls were fun and she liked answering them. She also likes the idea that on those things, the probably have someone reading the results just puzzled that someone could be so uninterested in buying everything on their list. Moonbear does not like getting surveys in the mail, because they are long and she has to qualify for them. She does get catalogs, but the funniest to her is when she keeps getting a Playboy catalog.

Do you answer polls?

• Total voters
Statistically, more people lose than win. Yet more people talk about how they won, than how they lost. NOES we aren't getting anywhere near the amount of information that we need :( *cries*

Physics news on Phys.org
how could anyone vote never, they just responded to a poll?

exactly. that was the joke. :)

1 said:
Fortunately for you, the poll isn't anonymous. Just check who voted for "Never" and never, ever trust them.

Wait a minute ... :confused:

:rofl: :rofl:

1 said:

It just proves our polls aren't necessarily accurate. :rofl:

BobG said:
Fortunately for you, the poll isn't anonymous. Just check who voted for "Never" and never, ever trust them.

Wait a minute ... :confused:

:rofl: :rofl:

that was the joke. :tongue2:

no really, i am not that stupid

you don't believe me

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:

*fibs commits suicide*

ahh, knife in head hurts

no

a;ldjkghsdjghbalseku

Fibonacci

1 said:
Fibonacci
I've heard of fettuchini, and macaroni, and ravioli, but fibonacci? :confused:

Danger said:
They're those bright sparkly little things you sew on costumes. You know - Fibonacci Sequins.

Math Is Hard said:
They're those bright sparkly little things you sew on costumes. You know - Fibonacci Sequins.
Oh! I see... a little fruity for my taste, or perhaps Italian...

Danger said:

Leonardo Fibonacci created the fibonacci sequence:

1 said:
Leonardo Fibonacci created the fibonacci sequence:

And considering how often I've had to read it lately, I don't know that we should forgive him. You're taking up a lot of RAM. :wink:

Incidentally, he may have discovered the sequence, but I doubt that he created it. I'm pretty sure that those numbers were around before he was born. :biggrin:

re: 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21

Is that your first name or last? :confused:

Were your parents Bob Segar fans? :wink:

Danger said:
re: 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21

Is that your first name or last? :confused:

Were your parents Bob Segar fans? :wink:

being the smart people you all are, you know that that is not my real name, just a name i use because it sounds cool. Let's play a game, shall we? the game is, guess Fibs real name. hints: first name is of irish origin, which means "noble". the second was a famous, but not well quoted saint who lived in the first 300 years of christianity. the third is very german which i have no clue for, but it has a w in it. have fun, first one to get the first two names gets to send me a check for 100 dollars.

Fibonacci

don't you like cryptic games? i don't.

1 said:
being the smart people you all are, you know that that is not my real name, just a name i use because it sounds cool. Let's play a game, shall we? the game is, guess Fibs real name. hints: first name is of irish origin, which means "noble". the second was a famous, but not well quoted saint who lived in the first 300 years of christianity. the third is very german which i have no clue for, but it has a w in it. have fun, first one to get the first two names gets to send me a check for 100 dollars.

Fibonacci

Seamus Oswald Steinweiner?
No... I don't particularly.

Math Is Hard said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Danger said:
Seamus Oswald Steinweiner?
Sterling Granwell Sweinstooper?

1 said:

Fibonacci

There are several Irish names which can mean noble, I will chose Brian, St Patrick was born in the 4th century possibly 385AD, but that's close. So, Brian Patrick?

I think Evo might have the first name nailed. Did she get it?
1 said:
first one to get the first two names gets to send me a check for 100 dollars.
wouldn't you rather have a check for 144 dollars? :smile:

1 said:
that is not my real name, just a name i use because it sounds cool.
You remind me of that kid in 'Peanuts'. His name was 555 95472 (5 for short) because his dad thought that people had so many numbers they were losing their identity. (He had two sisters named '3' and '4' as well.)