What unusual kitchenware do you collect?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Weird
In summary, the conversation is about collecting unusual items and the different types of collections the participants have. They discuss items such as kitchenware, stamps, rocks, guns, knives, and music. Some participants believe collecting is a healthy hobby, while others think it can indicate psychological issues. They also mention the practical uses of their collections, such as using tennis balls as chair protectors.
It is called a joke. Sheese, this IS the internet people...

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm serious. That's where I got most of mine. There and laundromats.

turbo-1 said:

I'm really scared of this forum... am I going to be like this too someday?

l46kok said:
I'm really scared of this forum... am I going to be like this too someday?
It's all in the hips. It's all...
in...
the hips.

turbo-1 said:

:rofl:

Math Is Hard said:
Very pretty! That is much more elegant than the salt-lick we had on our family dinner table back in Alabama. :biggrin:
ahahahha, but really, salt use to come in one big ol' chunk, and you would half to file off some to fill the Master salt, the Master salt was used to fill the smaller salt dips{cellars} around the table.
Depending where you lived, salt and pepper use have a value equal to gold.

hypatia said:
ahahahha, but really, salt use to come in one big ol' chunk, and you would half to file off some to fill the Master salt, the Master salt was used to fill the smaller salt dips{cellars} around the table.
Depending where you lived, salt and pepper use have a value equal to gold.

and now its 'bits and bytes'

I collect land hermit crabs and it makes my room smell really weird :D. I keep them in a big tank and I personally think they are cute.

I made a small hermit crab gallery. I made this a long time ago and its kind of stupid, but its got some nice pictures. (I have more crabs than are on the site tho).

http://members.cox.net/thesellhome/david/hermitcrabs/

Back then I was into weird captions and photoshop :wink:.

Last edited:
Math Jeans said:
I collect land hermit crabs and it makes my room smell really weird :D. I keep them in a big tank and I personally think they are cute.

I made a small hermit crab gallery. I made this a long time ago and its kind of stupid, but its got some nice pictures. (I have more crabs than are on the site tho).

Wow, you have a lot! They're very cute. :smile:

cyrusabdollahi said:
I used to collect things a lot when I was younger, A LOT. Now ever time I see people collecting things I cringe and say to myself why? Theres just no need to collect stuff.

I'd have to agree. This is why we've evolved a memory! However, I still have some hadrosaurus' vertebrae, one extremely long spinosaurus' tooth and bags of petrified wood. The collection includes bugs in amber as well. The cool thing about these things is that they represent events that took place tens of millions of years ago. Its like you have preserved and are experiencing that period in time when you can handle and closely inspect the objects.

I've collected lots of things in the past, and still collect quite a few. I've collected older comic books, baseball cards, crinoid and trilobite fossils, old science, astronomy and paleontology books, stamps, computer processors from the 8088 to recent, coins, movie ticket stubs and car models... mostly Porsches and hotrods form the late 50's thru the 70's.

whenever someone says i need a hobby, i just smile.:biggrin:

Math Jeans said:

Cool! I used to have hermit crabs! (quiet, Danger!)

They were a big fad when I was a kid.

I used to collect match books from different gas station, bars, and restaurants when I was younger.
I had thousands of them; I burned them all at a party where we had a nice bonfire.

I also had a hermit crab "Kermit" was his name.

Math Is Hard said:
Cool! I used to have hermit crabs! (quiet, Danger!)

They were a big fad when I was a kid.
I had crabs once in the late '60s. They seemed quite gregarious though. Not hermits, and I wasn't geared up to keep them as pets.

I just took stock of what I had collected: Three lawn mowers, two energy bikes [don't ask], several dozens of feet of fencing materials, numberous car batteries, bed frames, insulations and dry wall, boxes fulls of supplies such as high pressure copper tubing purchased for a failed project in 1986, gun targets and clay pigeons [most were broke], misc pumps and motors, big iron thingies for purposes unknown, refrigeration coils for the 1986 project, 16 tires [6 with rims], one fiberglass pressure tank...

I am expanding my office into an area used as a catch-all storage area used for the last sixteen years. We just took the 6th truckload to the dump and recycling center.

I don't know where Tsu finds all of this stuff. :uhh:

Ivan Seeking said:
I just took stock of what I had collected: Three lawn mowers, two energy bikes [don't ask], several dozens of feet of fencing materials, numberous car batteries, bed frames, insulations and dry wall, boxes fulls of supplies such as high pressure copper tubing purchased for a failed project in 1986, gun targets and clay pigeons [most were broke], misc pumps and motors, big iron thingies for purposes unknown, refrigeration coils for the 1986 project, 16 tires [6 with rims], one fiberglass pressure tank...

I am expanding my office into an area used as a catch-all storage area used for the last sixteen years. We just took the 6th truckload to the dump and recycling center.

I don't know where Tsu finds all of this stuff. :uhh:

It sounds mostly like one very industrious, innovative, integrated solar heating project 'lost' to history

turbo-1 said:
I had crabs once in the late '60s. They seemed quite gregarious though. Not hermits, and I wasn't geared up to keep them as pets.

I thought people in Maine had lobsters. :confused:

Math Is Hard said:
I thought people in Maine had lobsters. :confused:
Ouch!

Back