Do you consider yourself lazy?

• Thread starter bomba923
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of laziness and whether or not the individuals considered themselves lazy. Some agreed that they were lazy and used procrastination as a way to avoid work, while others argued that they were not lazy and just needed to find better ways to work towards their goals. The conversation also touched on the idea of being too lazy to meet minimum requirements and the song "God Bless My Laziness."

Do you consider lazy?

• Yes

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
bomba923
Seriously now:

Physics news on Phys.org
**** yeah I'm lazy. It took me 2 weeks to write the first draft of this essay that's due tomorrow. I knew I had time to do it. I knew I'd regret it if I didn't start then. What did I do? I went to a halloween party. Do I regret it? Yeah... but probably not enough to stop me from doing it again.

**** yeah I'm lazy.

I am with Smurf on this one: I am way too lazy! I seem to waste everyday. I am so far behind in my classes, but I have A's in all of them, I am just hoping I can do ok for the next 4 weeks.

Eh, I'll answer tomorrow...

Likes gracy
Meh...

hmm, guess I am too lazy to even meet hte minimum character requirement.

Pengwuino said:
Meh...

You should have waddled.

HRW is back! :!) :!) :!) :!)

Pengwuino said:
HRW is back! :!) :!) :!) :!)
I've been back; you were just too lazy to notice.:!) you too. *waddle waddle*

stop fraternizing with the enemy!

Come on honestrosewater, you don't need Smurf's cause... join my cause... its sooooo much better :wink: :wink: :wink:

Silence Infidel! HRW Swore an Oath of Allegiance to me before you were even a member of this board.

bomba923 said:
Seriously now:

My personal experience is that when you are not able to completely adjust yourself according to your dreams, it makes you lazy. As soon as you find some way out to work as you wanted, you become ultra active.

Basically I'm not a lazy person.

Likes gracy
I ammmmm sooooooo laaaaazyyy. PF is actually one of my favorite prcatinating techniques. More educational then a lot of my other ones at least.

I'm so lazy... I just skipped both of my morning class because I stayed up till four in the morning playing on the computer.

I chose no, but that's due more to the opinion of others than my own personal opinion. Personally, if people consider me hard working, then the world must be filled with slackers. Just how little work does the average person do?

Very little, that's why I consider myself a slacker. On the other hand I'm the only one who turned on our Calc homework last Wednesday, but I haven't studdied for the Physics Test tomorrow or done the homework.

Breathing is the only excercise that I care to burden myself with. If I could hire someone else to do it for me without dropping dead, I would.

Pengwuino said:
Meh...

Meh...

Ba said:
Very little, that's why I consider myself a slacker. On the other hand I'm the only one who turned on our Calc homework last Wednesday, but I haven't studdied for the Physics Test tomorrow or done the homework.
Usually I'd be too lazy to ask, but I just got to know what you did to turn on your homework. And what kind of class is your teacher running?

It's Calc III, there are only 6 of us in the class. It's a small school. I had to use a computer to do my work for me. Bieng lazy I have some expierence with this.

I'am Lazy:cool: and I'am Proud of it :smile: :cool:

tribdog said:
Meh...

Meh...

qqqqqqqqqq

tribdog said:
qqqqqqqqqq
wow, that's lazy least movement possible 10qs, tab,spacebar

I would post in the poll...but.. :zzz: you know..

This remainds me of a song called God bless my laziness:
I'am proud to be Lazy person
where atleast I know I'am fat
for I won't rember the remote I lost
Who gave that right to me
And I gladly just sit down
and defend my spot on the couch
'cause there aint no big enough spot that I love of this couch
God bless my Laziness

Last edited:

1. How do you define laziness in a scientific context?

Laziness can be defined as a lack of motivation or effort to complete tasks or engage in activities that are necessary or beneficial for an individual's well-being or success.

2. What factors contribute to a person being perceived as lazy?

There are many factors that can contribute to a person being perceived as lazy, such as a lack of interest in a certain task, low levels of energy or motivation, or a lack of understanding of the importance of the task.

3. Is there a genetic component to laziness?

There is some evidence to suggest that genetics may play a role in a person's tendency towards laziness. Certain genetic variations have been linked to traits such as low motivation and low energy levels.

4. Can laziness be a symptom of a larger underlying issue?

Yes, laziness can sometimes be a symptom of a larger underlying issue such as depression, anxiety, or a physical health condition. It is important to address these underlying issues in order to overcome laziness.

5. How can someone overcome laziness?

There are several strategies that can help someone overcome laziness, such as setting specific and achievable goals, breaking tasks into smaller and more manageable steps, finding motivation and accountability, and taking breaks and practicing self-care. Seeking help from a therapist or coach may also be beneficial for some individuals.