1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you feel stupid?

1. Nov 20, 2015 #1
    I am a physics major expected to graduate may 2016 and have gotten all As and one B in all of my physics courses. I typically do better than my peers and understand the material better than them but i still feel stupid. Do any of you feel this way? What makes me feel this way is trying to understand the concepts at the most fundamental level but this can be difficult for me to grasp a lot of the time.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2015 #2

strangerep

Science Advisor

Heh, welcome to modern physics. The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know. :oldbiggrin:

What "fundamental concepts" do you find difficult to grasp? It might just mean you need to study several presentations of the theory by different authors, and at different levels. Nothing wrong with that.

BTW, feeling stupid may be one's ego raising subconscious objections. To really learn something, it's best to stow one's ego in the basement for the duration. :oldwink:

4. Nov 20, 2015 #3
    You seem to be saying that just because you don't have a theory of everything that makes you feel stupid.
    In that case many other stupid people are your companions,

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook