Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog

• Thread starter The_Thinker
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Blog
In summary: Oh, you mean that film that he's trying to get me to star in with him? No thanks. :yuck:In summary, a group of individuals discuss their personal blogs and a recent thread on a forum. They also make comments about a fellow member's pictures and behavior.
It's ok, he's going to see this thread and say, "A thread about ME ME ME, I'm so great, you love me, you really love me!"

I'll be you $20 bucks or a crabcake dinner.

*Every reply marlon gives in this thread is another proof of his obsession to Mr. P-Ditty, his hero, Icon, mentor.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
*cough* Back to the topic of blogs...

cyrusabdollahi said:
I don't understand the point of having a blog...

dear blog, today was another sad day in my life, I can't find a man/woman in my life. I watched the news today and it make me think to myself, bla bla bla bla...no one cares.

I don't understand it either. It seems rather narcissistic to think the world wants to hear all your private thoughts and personal opinions on everything. Even more bizarre is that people will share with the world things that they wouldn't tell their best friend in person. :rolleyes:

hmmmm... a blog is not in essence all about just your life... Its not exactly the same... Its sort of like airing your thoughts on stuff... not just about your life... like today i saw this movie, blah blah, that's what goes into a diary... admitted.. most people do such crap and even make the writing boring.. actually its kinda like having your own article in an online newspaper... in fact there was a blogger right here in PF..

Angryphysicist...
http://angryphysicist.wordpress.com/about/
that was about science... besides... writing a blogs fun... kinda like if you like writing, then you can blog and air your views...

I write a blog cause i like to write... that's all... its fun...

and cyrus... what's with your fascination with marlon anyway? :p

and moonshine... its not like that... no one airs views that you don't tell even your best friends.. think of an online blog as the great inhibitor... What the net does to one... since your id is hidden and no one knows who you are... you can say anything and get away with it... well almost...

Last edited:
The_Thinker said:
most people do such crap and even make the writing boring..
Isn't that the point that's been made here; that blogs are dull and just list what one has done in the day?

and moonshine...
I think you mean moonbear :wink:

think of an online blog as the great inhibitor...
To me, this sentence makes no sense; in an online blog you air many feelings, things you wouldn't tell other people, therefore how can it be an inhibitor?

The_Thinker said:
and moonshine
I'll take some moonshine if you've got it... where's your speakeasy? :wink:

Moonbear said:
Even more bizarre is that people will share with the world things that they wouldn't tell their best friend in person. :rolleyes:

In person, yes. That's the whole point. While blogging, one isn't telling anyone anything in person. So it doesn't appear specially bizarre to me.

ah... yeah... moonbear, not moonshine... oh well...
and I mean the opposite of inhibitor... well... I think this is proof enough that my life would be miserable without spell check... =D

and hoot... well, I've got it... but I hope you don't expect a discount just cause your a PFer... :p

A blog is not just a sort of diary where you tell people about your life. It is much more than that. It is an integrated publishing platform for ideas, opinions and miscellaneous things.

There are generally three types of blogs; the one where you describe your life experience and opinions (the classic type), link blogs (links with little descriptions; favorite websites and so on) and finally the full-fledged content management system.

The content management system is a powerful platform for all sorts of things.

Here is an examples of the usage of a blog as a CMS: http://lorelle.wordpress.com/ (Largest CMS blog on the Internet with tips and tricks on how to blog)

I am also not that into the classic type of blog, but I appreciate being able to use it as a CMS (in my case: on science).

your blog is whatever you want it to be. you're the one writing it after all.

A blog isn't a journal. A blog is just a place where people write whatever they want.

The blogosphere is dominated by the subject-oriented blog. Preferably some approaching esotericsm subject, like a C++ programing blog, or a House M.D. analysis blog, or a sex blog.

For me it is easy why I would tell people I don't know things about me that I wouldn't tell people that I do know. Privacy. If a million people know something about you that you need to get off your chest, or that is embarrassing, or something, it's better them than one person you do know. Because they'll never be there in your real life. Know what I mean?

Mk said:
For me it is easy why I would tell people I don't know things about me that I wouldn't tell people that I do know. Privacy. If a million people know something about you that you need to get off your chest, or that is embarrassing, or something, it's better them than one person you do know. Because they'll never be there in your real life. Know what I mean?

Not really; I'd much rather tell one/some of my close friends something personal rather than a bunch of random people I don't know! But, that might just be me..

I have a blog. It was hijacked by spammers and shut down, but I've regained control.
"[URL [Broken]
Defending Science, Scientists and NonScientists[/URL]

I also have a blog that's of a more general, but generally science focused, nature.

http://glorifiedape.wordpress.com" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been reading a lot of feminist blogs recently to get some ideas. I'm not sure why anyone would assume by "blog" the OP meant online journals. When I hear the word, I generally think of political commentary blogs, but there are hundreds of types. I don't keep a blog myself, but I have thought about it from time to time. I figure I have some relatively interesting things to say about a few topics here and there, but I lack the focus and dedication to make it worth anything. It would just end up being boring, but still, there are plenty of blogs run by more worthy persons than myself that are not boring.

What did marlon do to piss the two of you off (cyrus/cristo)?

<h2>1. What is "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" about?</h2><p>"Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" is a blog that covers topics related to blogging, such as tips for starting a blog, how to grow your audience, and ways to monetize your blog. The unique name comes from the idea that starting a blog can feel overwhelming and like carrying a heavy load, but with the right tools and techniques, it can become a successful and enjoyable journey.</p><h2>2. Who is the author of "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog"?</h2><p>The author of "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" is a team of experienced bloggers and digital marketing experts. They have a passion for helping others start and grow their own blogs and share their knowledge through this blog.</p><h2>3. Is "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" geared towards a specific niche or audience?</h2><p>No, "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" is not specific to any particular niche or audience. The blog covers a variety of topics that can be helpful for anyone interested in starting or improving their blog, regardless of their niche or level of experience.</p><h2>4. Are there any resources or tools recommended on "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog"?</h2><p>Yes, "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" often shares helpful resources and tools for bloggers, such as website builders, social media scheduling tools, and email marketing platforms. These recommendations are based on the author's personal experience and research.</p><h2>5. Can I submit a guest post to be featured on "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog"?</h2><p>Yes, "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" welcomes guest posts from other bloggers and experts in the field. If you have valuable insights or tips to share with the blogging community, you can contact the author through the blog's contact form to discuss a potential guest post opportunity.</p>

1. What is "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" about?

"Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" is a blog that covers topics related to blogging, such as tips for starting a blog, how to grow your audience, and ways to monetize your blog. The unique name comes from the idea that starting a blog can feel overwhelming and like carrying a heavy load, but with the right tools and techniques, it can become a successful and enjoyable journey.

2. Who is the author of "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog"?

The author of "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" is a team of experienced bloggers and digital marketing experts. They have a passion for helping others start and grow their own blogs and share their knowledge through this blog.

3. Is "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" geared towards a specific niche or audience?

No, "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" is not specific to any particular niche or audience. The blog covers a variety of topics that can be helpful for anyone interested in starting or improving their blog, regardless of their niche or level of experience.

4. Are there any resources or tools recommended on "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog"?

Yes, "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" often shares helpful resources and tools for bloggers, such as website builders, social media scheduling tools, and email marketing platforms. These recommendations are based on the author's personal experience and research.

5. Can I submit a guest post to be featured on "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog"?

Yes, "Start Blogging: 8 Nuts in a Duffel Bag Blog" welcomes guest posts from other bloggers and experts in the field. If you have valuable insights or tips to share with the blogging community, you can contact the author through the blog's contact form to discuss a potential guest post opportunity.