Why is South Park a Cult Classic Among Science Enthusiasts?

• Thread starter Stan Marsh
  • Start date
In summary, the director of South Park is not afraid to point out when most people are wrong, and South Park is classic.
Stan Marsh
I love it. That's why my id is Stan Marsh.
One reason why I respect the directors is that when *most* people are wrong, the director is not afraid to point it out, even though he knows that it will piss everyone off.

Physics news on Phys.org
I love it.

south park is bad, m'okay ?
s*r*w you guys, I'm going home !

I don't watch much South Park, but when I do, I generally enjoy it.

Some episodes are simply vulgar (the X-Mas episode a few years back), but others are quite well done. Recently I loved the three-part episode with Cthulhu. Classic!

Heh. More like Stan Darsh!

NO! Go to hell and die!

One of my most often quoted lines I say to my seniors in class:

"Children, there's a time and place for everything. It's called college."

I love it. There will always be a place in my heart for vulgar cartoons.

I don't watch it that much but I do agree that it is quite good.

Jack21222 said:
I don't watch much South Park, but when I do, I generally enjoy it.

"I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis."

Sorry, could not help it...

Why, yes! I love South Park. But, I do not think SP will last as long as The Simpsons, nor should it.

South Park is classic. Like the OP said: always ready to poke fun at whoever is wrong (no matter how many of them there are).

I love the Scientology episode among others.

10 years ago I watched back-to-back "Timmy" episodes right after dental surgery. My mouth was wrecked from having three or four hands pushing and pulling my lips and gums around. It hurt to laugh. a. lot. but still I watched, in pain, for an hour and a half.

TIMMY! GOBBLES!

Tim-mey!

Cripple fight!

I haven't seen a new episode in about 5 years, but that's mostly because I don't have the time for television. But those first few seasons were priceless.

1. What is the premise of South Park?

South Park is an animated comedy series that follows the lives of four foul-mouthed boys living in the fictional town of South Park, Colorado. The show often satirizes current events and social issues in a humorous and sometimes controversial way.

2. Is South Park appropriate for all ages?

No, South Park is not appropriate for all ages. The show contains explicit language, mature themes, and graphic content, making it unsuitable for children.

3. How long has South Park been on air?

South Park first aired in 1997 and is still running with over 20 seasons and 300 episodes. It has become one of the longest-running animated shows on television.

4. Who are the creators of South Park?

South Park was created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, who also serve as the main voice actors for the show. They are known for their satirical and irreverent humor.

5. Are there any notable guest appearances on South Park?

Yes, there have been many notable guest appearances on South Park, including celebrities like George Clooney, Kanye West, and Jennifer Aniston. The show also frequently features political figures and popular musicians.