Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you have a tattoo?

1. Sep 6, 2008 #1
    I have a tattoo! It is a seagull on my back right shoulder. I was about 27 years old when I got it. I was drinking in the local pub and started to talk with a guy about getting one and the next thing I knew I was at the tattoo parlour. It's not perfect and needs to be colored in. I still like it though.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2008 #2
    And ruin perfection? of course I have no tattoos.
  4. Sep 7, 2008 #3

Gold Member

:blushing: Yes, panther on each arm plus a Celtic knot.
  5. Sep 7, 2008 #4

Gold Member

I guess it (would) be a shame to have to shave some of that fur.
  6. Sep 7, 2008 #5
    Not so far. I have considered it but never had the money. I've drawn some designs but am not so happy with them yet. Haven't drawn anything in years now though.
  7. Sep 7, 2008 #6
    No I don't. I have nothing against them as long as they are tasteful but I have never been able to think of something I want bad enough that I would want it on me forever. I may get one someday or I may never get one, just one of those things. I'm to indecisive so I probably never will haha.
  8. Sep 7, 2008 #7

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A castle, I was an army engineer for a bunch of years.........Thinking about adding to the collection, but not sure what to get.
  9. Sep 7, 2008 #8
    That's an interesting one. My best friend was a Corpsman and got a caduceus.
  10. Sep 7, 2008 #9
    A tattoo is meant to recognize my body if too mutilated at war. I am peaceful.
  11. Sep 7, 2008 #10
    You have a military tattoo for identifying your body?

edit: wait.. never mind. I think I understand now.
    you strange french people with your strange grammar. ;-p
  12. Sep 7, 2008 #11
    My bad. :redface:

I should make it clear that, I know more than one girl with a very nice tattoo. I just don't feel like having one myself, one of the reasons being the historical context.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?