Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you have children?

1. Apr 22, 2007 #1
    Just for curiosity's sake, do you have children, and if so how old were you when they were born? Also, if you don't have children but want to someday, what age would you want to have them?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2007 #2
    I've had 2 children. I was 18 with the first and 22 with the second.

4. Apr 22, 2007 #3

radou

Homework Helper

Don't have kids, but I guess around 30 would be a good age to have them. I mean, it's not because of that exact number, it's just the age when I expect myself to be settled down and happy with someone. Can happen earlier, can happen later, though, you never know.

5. Apr 22, 2007 #4
    no...around 28-30
    maybe later

6. Apr 22, 2007 #5
    kids... sound terrible(im 20, for many people here im still a kid =/)

kids only enslave you them, will not even thank you, and will even curse you, why have that?

every choice you make should fit your family. you cant just get up and leave to somewhere else, or change a job more easily(than being alone), in case you dont like your wife, you cant just leave her, you need to work more so that you will earn enough money, and spend the money you have more wisely.

i just cant see how those little devils worth it. the hell with man kind, there are too many this days anyway...

7. Apr 22, 2007 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I have two girls. I was 30 when I had the first and 32 when I had the second.

8. Apr 22, 2007 #7

radou

Homework Helper

Oh come on, don't sound so pessimistic. What if your parents were thinking like that? :rolleyes:

9. Apr 22, 2007 #8

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Come on.. not everyone hates their parents! Besides, kids grow out of their teenage years when they fight with their parents!

Well, if your "dont like your wife" I would suggest firstly, you dont marry her, and secondly, you dont plan to have kids together! Obviously relationships break down, but just because a couple with a child are no longer together, doesnt necessarily imply that they will be any worse parents!

:rolleyes: perhaps you shouldnt have children!

10. Apr 22, 2007 #9

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

That has not been my experience.

Certainly my children have been angry with me, so has my wife, so have my parents or siblings at one time or another, so have most of my friends and some colleagues at one time or another, but that is just the consequence of interacting with others.

I love my two children, a daughter and a son, and I do not feel burdened by them, although there are times when I feel challenged.

Fortunately, I have a wife who is a good partner, and that makes all the difference in the world.

Both my children have expressed their appreciation for my being their father, may be as much as they have expressed their anger at times. :biggrin:

11. Apr 22, 2007 #10
    Eighty would be a great age to have a child. It would make me really proud and then the kid would be old enough to arrange my centennial party.

12. Apr 22, 2007 #11

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I have no kids but I think around 35 would be a good age for me. Most importantly be prepared to have a kid. If that happens to be 30, than that's fine. I think being prepared is the most important. I don't want to have a kid while I'm still scrambling through my own life.

13. Apr 22, 2007 #12
    I'm 22 and will have one in just under a month and a half. I'm really excited, but also a little scared too.

14. Apr 22, 2007 #13

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I've got three kids who are now 2, 4, and 6. I was 36 when we had the first. I regret nothing and I think it was the perfect timing for all of us. This will be the first summer in six years where we will be able to walk around without having to carry a kid wherever we go. I'm looking forward to the next several years.

And Tuvia: I am so sorry for you.

15. Apr 22, 2007 #14

Garth

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Advice from an old pro' :

"Make sure you and your spouse get plenty of sleep in the next six weeks!"

Garth

16. Apr 22, 2007 #15

I like your answer, I have one little girl, I had her at 23 she is six now, and I understand what you mean when you say all these things.

I love my parents, even when I was upset with them; or them with me, that was never questioned.

Yea, it's really neat watching your child learning the fundamentals of life. It's great to be able to understand eachother with words- even though by that time they are getting older; you wont have your "little baby" anymore.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  17. Apr 22, 2007 #16

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have 3 sons and a daughter. I was 28,30 and 43 for my 3 biological kids.

18. Apr 22, 2007 #17
    i do love my parents and i have always respected them, and i have never said any words of hate to them(and it is mostly not the case with others). though i do see that they barely have free time. and i do not wish erase myself for those little brats.

19. Apr 22, 2007 #18
    I was 41 when my daughter was born, and 43 for my son. My neighbors adopted two children in their mid-fifties. (yeah, I know, of course I mean the adopters, not the adoptees)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  20. Apr 22, 2007 #19

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I was 18 and then 21 when my two were born - we just weren't introduced until I was 24...

I gives me a kick to think that my first was born while I was still in high school!

(On the plus side, I'm barely into my 40's and have an empty nest to play in.)

21. Apr 22, 2007 #20

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No kiddos for me. Just four-legged ones. I like it that way. I have lots of fun being a doting "auntie" to my friends' children. But when they scream and poop their diapers, I hand 'em back to mommy!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?