Do you have close PF friends?

1. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

Do you have "close" PF friends?

I have only met Astro in person, but have had nice times with his wife and kids. I'd like Chi to come up this way, but he has better mountains closer.

Other PF friends that I can't lose are Evo, Drizzle (Gad), Rhody, Danger, Zoobie, MIH, Pooh, and Mr. Borkowski. (probably many, many more, too, but I just can't list everybody.)

2. jcsd
  3. Re: Do you have "close" PF friends?

I haven't been here long enough to make too many friends, although I do get along well enough with a good number of you guys. :-)

So, in terms of close friends, there's Redsummers, although he haven't actually met. (yet)

4. Borek

Staff: Mentor

Re: Do you have "close" PF friends?

I have a PF friend that is as close to me as Tsu is close to Ivan :smile:

5. Re: Do you have "close" PF friends?

Borek has been friendly to me in a material way. He very generously helped me to obtain copies of genealogical records from the Polish State Archives.

6. Re: Do you have "close" PF friends?

I don't know anybody. I somehow, somewhere, something ended up here because I Googled a question. Somehow I got stuck. :rolleyes:

... "Welcome to the Hotel California" ... Nananana... Nananana....

7. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

My wife has a decorated pasteboard box that she keeps all her little keepsakes in ( I have to keep the box in our Mosler fire-proof-safe). The first keepsake was a hand-drawn and hand-painted Valentine's card in which I asked her to marry me. There have been others over the years, but one of her "latest and greatest" was Borek's card and envelope with the the less-than-specific address. My wife loved it!! That went right into the "keeper" box in the safe. Even nicer is that our niece is our rural mail carrier, and anything with our last name on it would have come here. "East of the Kennebec" couldn't have fazed her.

8. George Jones

George Jones 6,395
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Two summers ago, my wife, daughter and I had a nice visit with Astronuc and his wife and son.

Years before I joined PF, I interacted with a couple of PF members. For 18 months, I lived in the same town as a PF member, and we used to discuss regularly theoretical physics. For several years, I used to drink beer and shoot pool with another PF member.

9. rhody

rhody 765
    Gold Member

Nice Turbo,

I think PF IMHO represents to me what the sharing of knowledge, ideas, and insight should be on the internet. It is a rare jewel in a sea of mediocrity, and to that end the people who make it the way it is. I am glad you consider me a friend, as I do many others on your list.

Rhody... :smile:

10. DaveC426913

DaveC426913 16,226
    Gold Member

I visited with Danger on a trip out to Calgary.

11. Pengwuino

Pengwuino 7,118
    Gold Member

I thought everyone gets together at the PF Aruba Conference each year? :confused:

12. Char. Limit

Char. Limit 1,986
    Gold Member

I didn't see my name anywhere here. I has a sad now. :(

13. micromass

micromass 18,895
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You're a good friend, char! :smile:

14. rhody

rhody 765
    Gold Member

Virtual conferences don't count Peng, unless of course we really do conference with something Skype like, hehe. It is just like having a virtual girlfriend, great for the imagination but not much else. I for one would like to have a "real" get together someday.

Rhody...

15. rhody

rhody 765
    Gold Member

Group hug for the big cheese...

Rhody...

16. Evo

I :!!) you Char!!

I've met many people in person that I first met online, but no one from PF. The people I met from the internet turned out to be the same in person as they were online, so it was like meeting up with an old friend. I feel so close to some members here that I feel that we've already met. Having met in person just isn't necessary for me to form an attachment.

I treasure the friends I've made on PF. When we chat, it's like there is no distance between us. You guys live in my computer monitor, so you're never far. :tongue2:

So, if any of you fail to post without prior notice...I WILL BAN YOU, because *I care*. o:)

17. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

Watch out!!! I got kicked out of chat over and over and over again on Sunday because "some people" expected that I would be there and I was a bit busy.

18. rhody

rhody 765
    Gold Member

Being kicked from chat because you weren't there, now that is funny...

Rhody... :tongue:

19. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

You had to be there. It was a bit absurd, but the tormentors took delight in it.

20. Evo

Between your mother in law, father, your health, and accidents (angry woodchuck knocks a cord of wood on you), you must pop into chat to say you're too busy to chat so we don't worry!

21. turbo

turbo 7,366
    Gold Member

My biggest danger is Duke. He will run at me full-tilt and collide at full speed. He thinks it's fun.

My health issues are chronic and long-term, and will not resolve. If my father succumbs (fast, I hope) I will be glad for him to have avoided suffering. I have lots of cash and bonds to hand out to siblings (he was an inveterate saver) and cash to pay for his "final" expenses.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?