Who is the mysteriously successful friend everyone wants to take apart?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, being clever is not determined at birth and anyone can become clever with effort and the right mindset. Being clever is not the same as being smart, as it is more closely related to creativity and quick thinking. There is no one way to become clever, but strategies such as seeking new experiences and challenging oneself intellectually can help. While being clever can be advantageous, it is not a guarantee of success as success depends on other factors as well.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I hate this guy, he left school with no qualifications and yet every thing he
touches turns to gold, car sales, property, antiques, he is a sort of friend,
but i would love to be able to take him apart and see what makes him tick,
hell he can not even work his proffit margin :grumpy:

Physics news on Phys.org
He probably has a genie.

Let me guess...his name is Midas.

1. Do you have to be born clever?

No, being clever is not something that is necessarily determined at birth. While some people may have a natural inclination towards certain subjects or skills, intelligence can also be developed and improved through education and practice.

2. Can anyone become clever?

Yes, anyone can become clever with the right mindset and effort. Intelligence is not fixed and can be improved through learning, critical thinking, and problem-solving.

3. Is being clever the same as being smart?

No, being clever and being smart are not the same. While intelligence is often associated with academic or intellectual abilities, cleverness is more closely related to creativity and quick thinking. Someone can be smart but not necessarily clever, and vice versa.

4. How can I become clever?

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question as everyone's path to becoming clever is unique. However, some strategies that may help include seeking new experiences, learning new skills, practicing critical thinking, and challenging yourself intellectually.

5. Are clever people more successful?

Success can be measured in many ways, and being clever is not a guarantee of success. While intelligence can be advantageous in certain fields and situations, success also depends on a variety of other factors such as hard work, determination, and opportunity.