Discover the Importance of Knowing Them

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a group photo from the nuclear club, which includes famous scientists such as Einstein, Hitler, Lenin, and Marie Curie. The conversation also discusses the identities of other individuals in the photo, including Max Planck, Niels Bohr, and Louis de Broglie. There is also speculation about the inclusion of Chinese individuals in the photo and the identities of some of the scientists, such as Ehrenfest, Pauli, and Born.
Saint
physics1.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
physics1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the text in the picture really cleared things up for me. :wink: I see Einstein in the bottom row, and someone who bears a striking resemblance to Hitler on the far left.

I can see Lenin, too! :biggrin:

I can recognize most of them in the front row. The guy with the hat is Max Planck, to the right are Marie Curie, Hendrik Antoon Lorentz, Albert Einstein, then some guy who looks familiar and maybe deSitter next to him.
In the middle row on the right is Niels Bohr and next to him is (maybe) Heisenberg?, then Louis de Broglie (however you may pronounce that).
The guy in the top row third from the left could be Ehrenfest and the one fourth from the right is definitely Pauli and right of him could be Born (not sure though).

Ah, the nuclear club group picture! What gives with the Chinese(?) overlay? Persons of interest(why then not Einstein) or maybe indicating spy's for their internal records?

Nevermind, I see that Einstein is marked.

Galileo said:
The guy in the top row third from the left could be Ehrenfest and the one fourth from the right is definitely Pauli and right of him could be Born (not sure though).

in the top row, the dude in the middle is Schroedinger, and fourth from the right is Pauli and next to him to his left is Heisenberg.

1. What is the purpose of discovering the importance of knowing them?

Discovering the importance of knowing them allows us to gain a deeper understanding of the world around us. It helps us make informed decisions, solve problems, and create new knowledge.

2. Who are "them" in this context?

"Them" refers to any subject, concept, or area of study that we are trying to understand and gain knowledge about. This could include anything from scientific principles to historical events.

3. How can knowing "them" benefit us?

Knowing "them" can benefit us in many ways. It can improve our critical thinking skills, expand our knowledge and perspectives, and help us make more informed decisions in our personal and professional lives.

4. What are some examples of "them" that we should know?

Examples of "them" can vary depending on the individual's interests and field of study. Some common examples include scientific theories, historical events, cultural traditions, and social issues.

5. How can we discover the importance of knowing "them"?

We can discover the importance of knowing "them" by actively seeking out information and resources related to the subject. This could include reading books, articles, and attending lectures or workshops. It is also important to approach the subject with an open mind and critical thinking skills to fully understand its significance.