Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you know whats the difference between us and einstein

1. Feb 1, 2004 #1
    The difference between us and einstein is that he thinks every basic concept of the physics extremely logically. Logically means he goes back to the origin of the theory and starts connecting the basic concepts until he reaches the desired concept. Its like you go to root of the tree and start moving upwards to find the unripe fruit. So start thinking logically. I think the best way to exercise your logic is playing chess. I was ranked no. 1 in interschool chess competition. So start playing chess !!!!!my website

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2004 #2
    or learning logical mathematics, psycology or philosophy

4. Feb 1, 2004 #3

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Einstein was willing and able to think outside the box.

5. Feb 1, 2004 #4
  6. Feb 1, 2004 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Einstein didn't succumb to peer pressure. He wasn't afraid of going against popular belief. He didn't feel the need to "fit" in. This allowed him to be "unique" in his thinking.

7. Feb 1, 2004 #6

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Einstein, and Newton, and Feynmann al shared one characteristic. They thought about physics ALL THE TIME.

8. Feb 1, 2004 #7
    i love einstien i wish he was my dad.

9. Feb 2, 2004 #8
    What is the difference between figuring out some tough logic puzzles or figuring out the laws of the universe? I don't hear the names of the ones who figured out the puzzles very often, and also if everything were already known there wouldn't be much pressure or true incentive to figure them out and yet how often does anyone prove it to themselves that the Earth is indeed round, just out of curiosity?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2004
  10. Feb 2, 2004 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Well, there *is* the flat earth society.
    http://www.flat-earth.org/

11. Feb 3, 2004 #10
    Einstein worked in a patent office in his 20s, maybe this is where he developped his mind to be more creative in terms of understanding the properties of the physical world. Possibly giving him an edge in where to look. I am not sure whether he was born with an iq of 200 or whether he developped his mind to this level, but obviously he did have a high degree of intelligence, coupled with reasonning skills.

12. Feb 3, 2004 #11
    The Basic Difference is As SelfAdjoint has said He thought All the TIME about Physics And thats the Bottom Line.

And he thinks very i said very very deeply about the problems with very strong intution + concentration

13. Feb 3, 2004 #12

FZ+

I don't think there is a real difference. At the time, he made the discovery because unlike many others who were trying to reason away experimental and repeatedly verified facts (ie. the puzzling features of light), he accepted them and decided to logically deduce the consequences. Einstein removed the extraneous idea of "how things should be" from physics.

I think it sad that in the end, IMHO, he lost some of his nerve.

14. Feb 3, 2004 #13

Njorl

Science Advisor

The biggest difference is that he is dead, and the vast majority of people reading this thread are alive.

Njorl

15. Feb 3, 2004 #14

FZ+

16. Feb 3, 2004 #15

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

CAn you introduce me to one of the minority?

17. Feb 3, 2004 #16
    Hello, I am sentient. I am not like mr einstein, while he was sentient and possibly may be sentient, but in a better place, probably not.

I am not like einstein. Death sux...

18. Feb 5, 2004 #17
    The ability to think of solutions which arent obvious is the difference. Fortunately i am not so different from einstein in that respect ;) I can also tell you that circumstances are a large part as well. That clerk's office he worked at was the reason he developed his theory. I worked as a cook and had lots of free time as well, i couldnt watch tv, i couldnt play a game, but i COULD think, and i thought of some pretty deep stuff while working the 11am to 10pm shift.

I also think the incentive of being recognized is a large one. I think all young people desire recognition, and that acts as a large stimulus.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?