Why are chicken breasts such a popular protein choice?

• Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses preferences for chicken breasts and dark meat, as well as a potential poll topic about beef. There is also a mention of a previous conversation about chicken breasts and a joke about a "Pollo" poll.

Do you like chicken breasts?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
NeoDevin
Greg Bernhardt said:
I eat... maybe two breasts a day.

Who else here likes breasts?

Physics news on Phys.org

Is there stupid-threads-day on GD?

Dunno, maybe. If there is, do I win a prize?

This is the kind of poll that Michael Scott from The Office would post.

Meaning that, among other things, it's pretty sexist and ought to be removed.

CaptainQuasar said:
This is the kind of poll that Michael Scott from The Office would post.

Meaning that, among other things, it's pretty sexist and ought to be removed.

If you go back to the quote in the OP, you will see that we're talking about chicken breasts. Anything else you got out of it is entirely in your own mind.

Curse you Evo (I'm guessing it was you?). Spoiling my fun.

Yep, It was me.

I love chicken breasts for several reasons. First, they are so easy to de-bone. They are also low in fats, with the skin off. I also like the big meaty pieces on a ka-bob, and for salads, theirs nothing better.

NeoDevin said:
If you go back to the quote in the OP, you will see that we're talking about chicken breasts. Anything else you got out of it is entirely in your own mind.

As if no one is going to notice that [post=1907794]this response[/post] has the title from before you edited it.

Save it for the playground.

[EDIT] Or, I guess, Evo edited it. Well, now you're being chicken-ist. All of the PF members who are chickens will be highly offended.

CaptainQuasar said:
As if no one is going to notice that [post=1907794]this response[/post] has the title from before you edited it.

Save it for the playground.

I didn't edit it! :rofl:

What a weird thread.

But since you asked, I prefer thighs.

Dark meat. Probably I just like the taste of cholesterol.

jimmysnyder said:
Dark meat. Probably I just like the taste of cholesterol.

I'm a big fan of dark meat too, but I also like breasts. Too bad we can't have breasts made from dark meat.

NeoDevin said:
I'm a big fan of dark meat too, but I also like breasts. Too bad we can't have breasts made from dark meat.

I think that is what is in a Mickey D's chicken sandwich.

chicken breasts taste good

Dark meat is my favorite.

breasts = blah
thighs = Heaven!

Where's the beef in the poll options?

You're welcome to start another poll about beef if you want

Shouldn't this have been a pollo, instead of a poll? :tongue2:

I like them only if they are saucy.

El Pollo Diablo.

Last time I mentioned chicken's breasts Evo called me "naughty".

1. What are the health benefits of eating chicken breasts?

Chicken breasts are a great source of lean protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body. They are also low in fat and calories, making them a healthy option for those trying to maintain or lose weight. Additionally, chicken breasts contain important vitamins and minerals such as niacin, selenium, and phosphorus.

2. How should chicken breasts be prepared to ensure they are safe to eat?

It is important to cook chicken breasts thoroughly to kill any harmful bacteria that may be present. The internal temperature of cooked chicken should reach 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is safe to eat. This can be achieved by baking, grilling, or pan-frying the chicken breasts.

3. Are there any risks associated with consuming chicken breasts?

As with any food, there are potential risks associated with consuming chicken breasts. Raw chicken can contain harmful bacteria, such as salmonella, which can cause foodborne illness if not cooked properly. It is important to handle and cook chicken properly to reduce the risk of food poisoning.

4. Is it better to buy organic or conventional chicken breasts?

There is ongoing debate about the benefits of organic versus conventional chicken. Organic chicken is raised without the use of antibiotics and hormones, and is fed an organic diet. However, both organic and conventional chicken must meet strict food safety standards. Ultimately, the decision may depend on personal preference and budget.

5. Can chicken breasts be a part of a balanced diet?

Yes, chicken breasts can be a healthy addition to a balanced diet. They are a good source of protein and can be paired with a variety of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to create a well-rounded meal. As with any food, moderation is key and it is important to consume a variety of foods to ensure a balanced diet.