Do you like Palm or Pocket PC?

Main Question or Discussion Point

Do you like Palm or Pocket PC? Which do you think is the best?

The Pocket PC has better performance and interface, but its softwares are larger than palm's many times.
The palm is cheap and don't cost much memory in softwares, also it don't require much efficacy in CPU, and it has the largest number of softwares in the market of mobile OSs.

Although that, I hope to buy Pocket PC, its intersface and multimedia performance are very brilliant, not other OSs can challenge.
 

Answers and Replies

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
1,894
3
I would go to the store and play around with both and see which one you like. This is more of a personal preference than anything else.
 
dduardo said:
I would go to the store and play around with both and see which one you like. This is more of a personal preference than anything else.
Thank you very much. Why don't you buy a PDA? That is helpful and fun in life, working and study. Soon I save enough money, I will go to buy it. If the woman comes as soon as possible, that is great.
 
36
0
I've always maintained that the best PDA is the one you currently own. Like dduardo said, it's personal preference.

PDAs are still at the stage where your choice of Operating system can largely be decided by the application(s) you want/need to use. I use and prefer PalmOS and the programs I use on my PDA happen to be Palm only, so it works out for me.

I own an older model which saved me quite a bit at the time of acquisition, because I have no need for extremely high resolution, .mp3, telephonic, or bluetooth accessories.
 
Dngrsone said:
I've always maintained that the best PDA is the one you currently own. Like dduardo said, it's personal preference.

PDAs are still at the stage where your choice of Operating system can largely be decided by the application(s) you want/need to use. I use and prefer PalmOS and the programs I use on my PDA happen to be Palm only, so it works out for me.

I own an older model which saved me quite a bit at the time of acquisition, because I have no need for extremely high resolution, .mp3, telephonic, or bluetooth accessories.
According to Gartnet research, European and American like simple PDAs, but Japanese and Chinese like high-tech PDA mostly. I prefer a smartphone mostly.
 
337
2
yu_wing_sin said:
According to Gartnet research, European and American like simple PDAs, but Japanese and Chinese like high-tech PDA mostly. I prefer a smartphone mostly.
There are still some trendy American consumers who like high-tech PDAs, though I never really saw the reason for it. The PDA is most useful, at least to me, as an organizational tool to store data about contact information, memos, and as a calendar. If I wanted it to play .mp3s, I'll just use my cd player, no need having to spend more money for things that I will rarely use.

Anyways, some of the super-high-tech stuff can run upwards of $300-500 U.S. dollars. The best thing to do is just to wait until the technology becomes more prevalent, so prices will gradually fall.

PalmOS is a fairly reliable architecture for a PDA, I haven't really had any problems or had to hard reset the unit because of a software glitch.
 
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
1,894
3
I bought one of those super-high-tech organizers years back and haven't used it since. Once the cool factor wore off it became a paper weight. If I could go back and change my decision I would have definitely bought with a palm.
 
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,701
7
I absolutely love my Pocket PC. It's just so useful! The built-in apps are pretty handy, I can review my emails on the way to work, view photos straight from my camera, and backup the entire contents of my phone. I've got a UK road atlas on it, can keep track of all the deadlines I've got on, as well as all the usual calendary emaily type stuff.

Oh, and I can go on MSN while I'm having a poo. That novelty still hasn't worn off yet.
 
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
1,894
3
brewnog said:
Oh, and I can go on MSN while I'm having a poo. That novelty still hasn't worn off yet.
Are you sure you didn't mean that the novelty of pooping on MSN hasn't worn off yet?
 

Related Threads for: Do you like Palm or Pocket PC?

  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
11
Views
3K
Replies
2
Views
325
  • Last Post
Replies
9
Views
3K
Replies
24
Views
5K
Replies
7
Views
14K
Top