Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you like Rush Limbaugh?

1. Aug 26, 2008 #1
    I'm not from the US, so I just learnt today from the internet about Rush Limbaugh.
    Since he must have a huge audience in the US, I was wondering if someone here at physicsforums likes him as well. If so, why?

And is he comparable with Michael Moore?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2008 #2
    As an annoying factor, yes they are similiar. I don't like Rush. He is polarizing and seems to spit controversy just for the heck of it. Like most radio hosts, he just loves to hear himself talk.

4. Aug 26, 2008 #3
    He is like Michael Moore because he is fat, annoying, self-centered, and lies a lot to make money.

But the nature of him and MM are different. MM is a liberal, RL is a conservative. Just listen to some of his radio show and you'll understand why he is made of Fail and Vomit.

The man has a solid gold microphone for God's sakes!

5. Aug 26, 2008 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Did we forget that he's a bigot who loves to spread the hatred and violence he feels towards people not like him?

Some quotes:

We're not sexists, we're chauvinists — we're male chauvinist pigs, and we're happy to be because we think that's what men were destined to be. We think that's what women want.

Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.

[about African Americans] They're 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?

He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting. [on his Parkinson's symptoms]

This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation, and we're going to ruin people's lives over it, and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are being fired at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time, these people.[about the US military having a "good time" with prisoners at Abu Ghraib]

It's called Operation Chaos. The dream end, I mean, if people say what is your exit strate... strategery, the dream end of this is that if this keeps up to the convention, and we have a replay of Chicago 1968, with burning cars, protests, fires, literal riots, and all of that, that's the objective here.

6. Aug 26, 2008 #5
    What I find most disturbing about people like him is how many fans he has and all of the people who actually listen to and agree with what he says. It's scary!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?