Do you recognize other PF members?

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Members
In summary: Do you think I would call a member a...a flip-flop wingless creature?I'm not sure what you are asking.
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Do you recognize other PF members??

Here are 8 quotes of PF members. Can you tell which member made which quote??

1) Welcome to the PF

2) Well, for a while one of the biggest problems in experimental quantum mechanics was figuring out what to do with the mounds of dead cats out behind the lab...

3) I'm schizophrenic and so am I.

4) I am supposed to water my tomato plant every week?

(note: this one was slightly fabricated)

5) The grilled tuna steak was wonderful, with a side of baby-spinach salad. Sprinkle black pepper and salt on the tuna steak, rub with peanut oil and sear it on the grill (high heat), then move to medium heat for a couple of minutes. Put the steak on a plate and cover it with foil for a few minutes to let it continue cooking from its own heat, and relax the meat.

6) Arrgghh! Nostradamus 2012 and this silly Mayan 2012 doom/destruction of the planet. People are willing to believe this and they discount the fact that the Mayans didn't predict the demise of their own culture?

7) Welcome. I am a Level 5 Sorceress and the 17th incarnation of the Patron Saint of Praying Mantises.

8) Epil Epo!

Physics news on Phys.org

LOL. I know too many answers.

I don't recognize a single one.

I am sure I am not 1 - I would never use "the" in this context.

Likes gracy

I know #4. It's amazing what some time in the chat can do.

As for the others, there's maybe one or two that I have a slight idea about, but I'm not entirely sure.

Being able to recognize any actually doesn't matter to me. I don't care.

phylotree said:
Being able to recognize any actually doesn't matter to me. I don't care.

It's a game, it's just for fun... No need to become a honey badger :biggrin:

micromass said:
:biggrin: I only read the title and follow its question, members on PF might be anyone (even those working for big corps) but trust me on this that I actually don't care about them at all. :approve: since I love my own motto - never be a movie star with a long tongue for licking my bosses -

micromass said:

Don't mind him, he's just an evil language learning computer that is trying to kill us all. He doesn't mean any harm.

I think I remember both schizophrenic and when the sorceress would be promoted to level 6 she would also have the power to recognise necroposts.

Through avid cheating, I found out that turbo is one of the quoted individuals.

#6 was obviously written by a ditz that over uses words like "Aarrghh", does the "word/word" thing too much and can't type "their".

Likes gracy

I know a few people that could have been responsible for every single one of those quotes.

Except for one... you jerk.

Pengwuino said:
I know a few people that could have been responsible for every single one of those quotes.

Aargh, their is the flip/flop wingless creature angry again.

arildno said:
Aargh, their is the flip/flop wingless creature angry again.
:rofl:

Pengwuino said:

You should have seen what Jimmy Snyder posted about penguins when you weren't here.

Ah yes, the their-thier-the'yre problem. Many people have trouble with it. Remember to use their to mean 'belonging to them' and use their when you are talking about nonsense like Nostradamus and the Mayan doomsday predictions. And the'yre for all other nonsensical posts. Example 6 shows the proper use of thier. That's all thei'yere is to it. Note the proper usage for posts that fairly drip with it.

I think I've seen Berkeman use #1 a couple of times.

Then again, I've also seen Gad use #1 (as of just now [:biggrin:]).

… Do I have to say that I stole it? :shy:

Uhhhhhhh...is Evo in there somewhere?

Drakkith said:

Yes :tongue2:

Drakkith said:
Yes. Guess!

micromass said:
7) Welcome. I am a Level 5 Sorceress and the 17th incarnation of the Patron Saint of Praying Mantises.

When did Lwaxana Troi become a member?

jtbell said:
When did Lwaxana Troi become a member?
Lol!

I am not 3 and neither am I.

Evo said:
Yes. Guess!

Ugh, I'm going to guess 6, but I'm not sure. :confused:

Drakkith said:
Ugh, I'm going to guess 6, but I'm not sure. :confused:
:biggrin:

Do you think I would call a member a ditz?

Likes gracy

Evo said:
Yes. Guess!

No doubt number 6. :wink:

And turbo number 5 for sure.

micromass said:
Here are 8 quotes of PF members. Can you tell which member made which quote??

1) Welcome to the PF

Berkeman!

Likes gracy

dlgoff said:
No doubt number 6. :wink:

And turbo number 5 for sure.
Yes

Dembadon said:
Berkeman!
and yes :biggrin:

epenguin said:
I am not 3 and neither am I.

LoloL

Evo said:
:biggrin:

Do you think I would call a member a ditz?

Apparently I cannot read, as I meant number 5, not 6...

1. Do you have a way to identify other PF members?

Yes, there are several ways to identify other PF (Physics Forums) members. One way is to look for their username and avatar on forum posts. Another way is to check their profile page, where they may have listed their real name or other identifying information.

2. Is there a list of all PF members available?

No, there is not a comprehensive list of all PF members available. Some members choose to keep their information private, and others may not be active on the forum anymore.

3. Can I search for specific PF members?

Yes, you can use the search function on the forum to look for specific PF members. You can search by username, real name, or other identifying information if it has been included in their profile.

4. Are there any benefits to recognizing other PF members?

Yes, recognizing other PF members can be beneficial for networking and building relationships within the scientific community. It can also be helpful for finding experts in specific fields and getting advice or feedback on research or projects.

5. Can I contact other PF members directly?

Yes, you can send private messages to other PF members if they have enabled this feature in their account settings. You can also tag and mention other members in forum posts or threads to get their attention.

Back