Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you regret your vote ?

1. Regret having chosen George Bush

0 vote(s)
  2. Satisfied having chosen George Bush

3 vote(s)
  3. Undecided having chosen George Bush

2 vote(s)
  4. Regret having chosen Al Gore

0 vote(s)
  5. Satisfied having chosen Al Gore

10 vote(s)
  6. Undecided having chosen Al Gore

0 vote(s)
  7. Regret having chosen Ralph Nader

0 vote(s)
  8. Satisfied having chosen Ralph Nader

1 vote(s)
  9. Undecided having chosen Ralph Nader

0 vote(s)
  10. None of the above

3 vote(s)
  1. Apr 11, 2004 #1
    Do you regret your "vote"?

Are you satisfied with, do you regret or have you no opinion regarding your (American or otherwise) choice in the 2000 U. S. presidential election?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2004 #2
    Hahaha, didn't (couldn't) vote!

4. Apr 11, 2004 #3

That's why I ask your "choice" over "vote."
  5. Apr 11, 2004 #4
    Yeah, I didn't take the time to choose since my choice wouldn't matter anyway.

6. Apr 11, 2004 #5
    this could take a while...
  7. Apr 11, 2004 #6
    I just find it funny on how nobody regrets their vote... Man I guess we are amidst people who dont make any mistakes, ever.
  8. Apr 12, 2004 #7
    Or perhaps with only 3 choices, there's not a lot of room for a problem.

People who voted for Nader and Gore are going to believe the grass would have been greener with their respective candidate. There's two down.

People who voted for Bush are the only ones who have a chance of being unhappy about their choice (fantasies of how gore and nader would have done everything right, that bush had done wrong keep the opposing voters' hopes alive). You'll then notice that Bush is the only option up there that has anything but being fully happy about the choice checked.
  9. Apr 12, 2004 #8

Staff: Mentor

My vote in the poll was "undecided, voted for Bush." I'm not a big fan of Bush, but I certainly wasn't going to vote for 'Hi, I'm Al Gore....You are hearing me talk.'

I find myself in a similar situation now. If the Democrats could find a decent candidate (does one exist?), I might vote for him.
  10. Apr 13, 2004 #9
    They've got a decent candidate. Too bad it's not Howard Dean. Man I love that "Yeaaahhhh!" but you would hate him, Russ-- he ensured that 100% of little kids have health care. Even black kids.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?