Did You Make the Right Choice in the 2000 Presidential Election?

• News
  • Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, people who voted for Bush are the only ones who have a chance of being unhappy about their choice (fantasies of how gore and nader would have done everything right, that bush had done wrong keep the opposing voters' hopes alive).

How do you now regard your choice in the 2000 U. S. presidential election?

• Regret having chosen George Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Satisfied having chosen George Bush

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Undecided having chosen George Bush

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Regret having chosen Al Gore

• Satisfied having chosen Al Gore

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Undecided having chosen Al Gore

• Regret having chosen Ralph Nader

• Satisfied having chosen Ralph Nader

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Undecided having chosen Ralph Nader

• None of the above

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Loren Booda
Do you regret your "vote"?

Are you satisfied with, do you regret or have you no opinion regarding your (American or otherwise) choice in the 2000 U. S. presidential election?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hahaha, didn't (couldn't) vote!

cookiemonster

gookiemonster,

That's why I ask your "choice" over "vote."

Yeah, I didn't take the time to choose since my choice wouldn't matter anyway.

cookiemonster

this could take a while...

I just find it funny on how nobody regrets their vote... Man I guess we are amidst people who don't make any mistakes, ever.

Mattius_ said:
I just find it funny on how nobody regrets their vote... Man I guess we are amidst people who don't make any mistakes, ever.
Or perhaps with only 3 choices, there's not a lot of room for a problem.

People who voted for Nader and Gore are going to believe the grass would have been greener with their respective candidate. There's two down.

People who voted for Bush are the only ones who have a chance of being unhappy about their choice (fantasies of how gore and nader would have done everything right, that bush had done wrong keep the opposing voters' hopes alive). You'll then notice that Bush is the only option up there that has anything but being fully happy about the choice checked.

Mattius_ said:
My vote in the poll was "undecided, voted for Bush." I'm not a big fan of Bush, but I certainly wasn't going to vote for 'Hi, I'm Al Gore...You are hearing me talk.'

I find myself in a similar situation now. If the Democrats could find a decent candidate (does one exist?), I might vote for him.

They've got a decent candidate. Too bad it's not Howard Dean. Man I love that "Yeaaahhhh!" but you would hate him, Russ-- he ensured that 100% of little kids have health care. Even black kids.

1. What prompted you to vote the way you did?

As a scientist, I base my voting decisions on thorough research and analysis of the issues and candidates. I consider their policies, track record, and potential impact on society before casting my vote.

2. Do you feel any remorse or guilt for your vote?

No, I do not feel remorse or guilt for my vote. I stand by my decision and believe that it was the best choice for the greater good.

3. Have your views or opinions changed since casting your vote?

As a scientist, I am constantly seeking new information and reevaluating my beliefs. While my vote may have been based on certain factors at the time, my views and opinions may have evolved as new evidence and perspectives emerge.

4. Do you think your vote had any impact on the outcome of the election?

Every vote counts and has the potential to influence the outcome of an election. While my individual vote may not have been the deciding factor, I believe that collectively, every vote plays a crucial role in shaping the results.

5. Would you change your vote if you could go back in time?

In hindsight, it's easy to think about what could have been done differently. However, as a scientist, I make decisions based on the information and circumstances at the time. I stand by my vote and believe that it was the best choice given the options available.