Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you still use straws?

1. Yes!

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. No!

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Other?

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Mar 30, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Do you still use straws???

My friend just said only 5 year olds use straws. I'm using a straw to drink my coke! Straws are awesome in my opinion, how about you?

I bet a lot of people use straws! Seriously, i don't like my teeth hitting the ice because it gets cold. Ok that was possibly one of the most babyish things i've ever said in my life. My god what am i coming to. Straws rules, that's it.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 30, 2006 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm drinking out of a straw right now.

4. Mar 30, 2006 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I only use straws when I get fast food and it's the only way to get the drink out of the cup without taking the lid off, which would make the cup too flimsy and prone to spilling. Besides, with fast food, they always put too much ice in the drink so you end up with a mouth full of ice cubes if you try sipping without a straw. The rest of the time, no straws. I don't think it's childish or anything though. If someone liked a LOT of ice in their drinks, they'd probably need it. Just don't use a straw at a fancy dinner party. :biggrin:

5. Mar 30, 2006 #4
    I'am voting other....I have no idea what that means but I think that would answear for me.......

6. Mar 30, 2006 #5

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

A straw to drink. That plastic pipe thing you use to drink.

I'm with Moonbear on this one.

Only at fast food restaurants.

7. Mar 30, 2006 #6

Evo

That's what I'm drinking right now, a diet coke from Hardees.

8. Mar 30, 2006 #7

Evo

Is it ok to stick them up your nose and pretend you're a walrus?

9. Mar 30, 2006 #8
    I am with MB and Jason here as well, I use straws when at fast food places, otherwise I drink from a water bottle.

10. Mar 30, 2006 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

How can anyone like diet soda? I mean really, our bottled water tastes better then diet coke... but then again i really like our bottled water.

11. Mar 30, 2006 #10

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

I'm with moonbear....

Does anyone else get this? If i ever leave bottled water out for a day with the cap closed... it always smells weird! What's with that??

12. Mar 30, 2006 #11
    Yes I know what straw is.I just think other is the right answear for the question

13. Mar 30, 2006 #12

Evo

Well, a milkshake tastes better than water, but I'm on a diet. :frown:

14. Mar 30, 2006 #13

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Drink water :tongue2: It's yum!

15. Mar 30, 2006 #14

Evo

It's got to be ice cold. And only a certain brand of mountain water the the Evo Child bought me, it was heavenly.

16. Mar 30, 2006 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:eek: I can't remember the last time everyone jumped so quickly to agree with me! Am I dying? How long do I have left? :bugeye:

17. Mar 30, 2006 #16

Pengwuino

Gold Member

6 months... we're all very sorry

18. Mar 30, 2006 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:cry: And I was going to try to go to sleep early tonight, but now I'm afraid to miss out on anything in my short time left.

(Actually, I do need to get to sleep...I have to have enough rest to be VERY patient teaching someone how to do some stuff tomorrow, because I know it's going to try my patience greatly.)

19. Mar 31, 2006 #18
    Did you drink out of it? Because then its probably bacteria.

20. Mar 31, 2006 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yes....:surprised

Well actually it happens when i drink from it and when i don't drink from it (just have it there in the open)

21. Mar 31, 2006 #20
    I drink from straws when I have a drink at a bar, unless it's a beer or martini ofcourse. Other than that I don't really ever use straws. Most things I drink straight out of the container they came in.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?