Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you suffer

1. Jul 27, 2005 #1

wolram

Gold Member

At work, The place i work employs lots of women, and my job is to fix
    machines, which some times involves getting into inelegant and un comfortable
    positions, i am half in the machine and feel some one pinch my butt, i can't
    get out fast enough to catch the culprit, and of course they are all o:)
    On another occasion i am on my back three parts in a machine and some one
    grabs my n**s, i guess it is only fun, but i have to find a way to get revenge
    with out dangering relations.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2005 #2

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wedgies. :smile:

4. Jul 27, 2005 #3

wolram

Gold Member

I could'nt, and any how i would be out numbered 10 to 1 :grumpy:

5. Jul 27, 2005 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

:rofl: You need a lookout whom you can trust.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  6. Jul 27, 2005 #5

russ_watters

Hidden camera.

7. Jul 27, 2005 #6

wolram

Gold Member

Or may be a body guard, i have thought about itching powder on the womans
    loo roll, is that harmless?
    OPs i missed Astro's post, but who can i trust :confused:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  8. Jul 27, 2005 #7

Astronuc

No, That's too unkind.

You know the folks there better than I do. :smile:

Russ's idea might be practical.

9. Jul 27, 2005 #8

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That sounds like sexual harassment. If you weren't concernced about dangering relations, you could probably hire a lawyer and receive a nice sum of money from your employer. o:)

I would steer clear of random revenge on all women employees (like itching powder on the loo roll, for example), since it could be you facing charges from someone who wasn't concerned about dangering relations.

A better revenge would be one that could only be sprung on a woman actually in the act of 'physically assaulting' you. A charged capacitor and a carefully wired pair of pants might give the culprit an unexpected surprise. :devil: Of course, there's always a risk you might prematurely spill your coffee on your pants which might just amuse them even more, but risk is always part of the satisfaction of any endeavor, right? :tongue2:

10. Jul 27, 2005 #9

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I think it is the startled reaction they're provoking in you they want to see, rather than sexually harass you.

So, next time this happens, instead of rushing out of the machine in order to catch the one doing it, stay where you are and say in a calm voice:
    "While you're at it, can't you fondle my d**k as well?".

The worst that might happen is that they follow your suggestion..

11. Jul 27, 2005 #10

wolram

Gold Member

This seems to be on the right tack Bob :devil: would they have a shock :biggrin: and i could say it was static :biggrin: any suggestions for the
    hard ware?

12. Jul 27, 2005 #11

wolram

Gold Member

I wouldn't dare, the embarrassment would be to much :blushing:

13. Jul 27, 2005 #12

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Before I give you the details on how to rig this, I have to make the usual trivial disclosures that I've recently taken a job writing up Darwin awards and I have first dibs on the story about how your plan of revenge works out.

I've even started a rough draft:

Dateline __ ___, 2005 -- Wolram, of Warkshire, England, was fatally injured when his vehicle suddenly swerved and accelerated into a busy crossroads against the red light. His vehicle was struck twice in the starboard wing and once in the port wing by a lorry, a saloon, and a double decker bus. Wolram's vehicle subsequently rolled seven times before coming to rest in a drainage culvert. After three hours of toil by rescue workers, his singed body was retrieved from the vehicle. Although suffering multiple burn wounds, official cause of death was drowning. In spite of no flames being reported by witnesses, Wolram's lower body was completely singed from the waist down. Further investigation revealed that Wolram was driving to work in a homemade pair of electric trousers when the vehicle in front of him inexplicably stopped just because the light was about to change from yellow to red. Shocked by the driver's unexpected actions, Wolram spilled his coffee on his pants, resulting in a severe electric shock that caused his body to spasm uncontrollably. Unfortunately, Wolram's foot was on the gas pedal and his hand on the steering wheel when the spasms occurred. No explanation for why a person would wear electric trousers was immediately available. Coworkers said Wolram seemed to exhibit no unusual sexual habits, much to their disappointment.

14. Jul 27, 2005 #13

wolram

Gold Member

Rotten begger, i though you were going to help, alas woe is me
    :grumpy: :biggrin:

15. Jul 27, 2005 #14
    get some of that invisible uv light powder and sprinkle it coupiously on your twig and berries and your backside. Next time someone grabs you, have a UV light handy and you can track down the culprit.

16. Jul 27, 2005 #15

wolram

Gold Member

Am i the only one? has any one been in the same position?

17. Jul 27, 2005 #16

honestrosewater

Gold Member

No, every place I've worked has had a sexual harassment policy, which is brought to everyone's attention and taken seriously. Has it not been an issue in the UK? I think whoever is in charge should step in to make sure good-natured fun doesn't cross the line.

But if you're just having fun, I like Zantra's idea.

18. Jul 27, 2005 #17

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I don't know how well it would work, but if you can find and position horns in the right places, I think that would be funny and draw immediate attention.
    Like this:
    [​IMG]
    :biggrin:

19. Jul 27, 2005 #18

wolram

Gold Member

Its not a serious problem, and Zantra's idea sounds great, When i find the
    culprit/s i will fill their wellies, "they have to wear them", with jelly :biggrin:

20. Jul 27, 2005 #19

wolram

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

21. Jul 27, 2005 #20

Astronuc

Taking Rose's idea a bit further - get a Pneumatic Horn
    [​IMG]

or this one by Nathan - http://atsf.railfan.net/airhorns/k5h.html

Very nice sound :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?