Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Only when I'm at my computer

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sometimes I have conversations in my head with myself. Hahaha.....im not crazy, IM NOT CRAZY.

There mostly just random converstaion about stupid stuff you'd have with another person. Not thinking about something, but actual talking.
Me too...I've always had a "loud head." I push my mute button when I do math problems, though.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I talk to myself all the time. Often out loud even.
My ex once told me that it was really weird that I talked to myself outloud. Then a few days later she told me that she caught herself talking to herself outloud. And I had to wonder... who's the weird one? The guy that talks to himself all the time? or the girl that talks to herself and doesn't even know it?
:rofl:

With the advent of cell phones that are attached to your ear, I see lots more people walking around talking to themselves. They all say the same thing too: "I'm here, where are you?"
I can't tell who the crazy people are anymore, because now everyone looks like they're talking to themselves walking around campus, sitting on buses, riding trains, etc.

My cat has saved me from this problem. Now I talk to her. If she ever answers back with more than a quizzical look or a meow, then I'll start worrying.

I've always talked out loud to myself, ever since I was a kid. I do it when I'm studying for school and talk about the ideas I'm learning. I do it as if I were explaining it to someone else and that solidifies the material in my mind, and makes sure I have the ideas down pat.

I vent frustrations, and say angry things that I'd never want to say to someone's face. It lets me calm down and let off enough steam so I can have a rational discussion with someone rather than saying mean things. I've already let those go. (That last has got me in quite a bit of trouble a couple of times when people eavesdropped on me.)

I relive funny events and make myself laugh all over again.

Yes, I spend quite a bit of time alone. :biggrin:

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Its the only way I can be guaranteed an intelligent conversation.

Alfi
I talk, sometimes I listen. Generally, I never shut up.

only in my head - all times! I keep on analyzing, would develop different scenarios and ponder about the consequences

Sometimes, I would stop and wonder what I was just talking about and I forget.

Evo
Mentor
I'm wondering if there is something to actually talking out loud that takes another step to do in the brain that helps to make the memory stronger?

I'm wondering if there is something to actually talking out loud that takes another step to do in the brain that helps to make the memory stronger?
Some people have asked me why I have a good memory, and I tell them that it's somewhat of a 'method'. "Thinking" 'something' is the lowest level, "saying" 'something is the next level, and "writing" 'something' down is the highest. Each one up makes it more 'concrete' in that it appears to the brain to be more permanent, I think anyway.

(I've written that down before)

ive been doing it for as long as i can remember its fun to argue with yourself when theres no one else to argue with (or maybe im just crazy)

I found it to be a real indication of deeper intelligence to have an inner voice
You are only crazy when you start getting answers!
.. but what if the answers are not only accurate, but more often than not, correct...? :bugeye:

Yes, I talk to myself.. but usually not out loud..

I usually shout very loud to myself when I'm on the bus.

I frequently talk to myself, but never (or rarely) out loud.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I usually shout very loud to myself when I'm on the bus.
Whoa...I think I've seen you :eek: !

Danger
Gold Member
I talk to myself all the time, but it's only because it's the only way to ensure that someone might be listening. Even at that, I'm deluded, because most of the time I ignore myself.

i talk to myself all the time, even out loud, but never in front of other people. but ill work on that some day...

~christina~
Gold Member
I do, I do!

John McClain talks to himself.

Whoa...I think I've seen you :eek: !
I thought the same thing but realized that the guy I saw wasn't wearing a party hat.

I do alot im pretty weird, sometimes ill narrate what im doing but usually i just say things like "your an idiot why did you do that" i talk to my dog alot too haha