Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you think you know me?

1. Dec 12, 2004 #1
    I've decided to fight this, if I lose I go to jail for 4.5 years, but if I take the plea offer it is only 6 months, but I am not guilty and I'm going to hope the jury sees it. If any of you have fancy sounding names, or are good at writing letters I could use some character references. I know you only know me from here, but if you could just say something nice, or that I'm a regular poster here or anything like that I'm going to try flooding them with letters. I think I've talked about feeding homeless people, and that since I was stabbed I no longer care about material things as much. I don't want anyone to lie, and you won't be called into court. Or even mention the funniest award and how I've stopped joking since this started. then send it to me at tribdog@msn.com.
    ps my name is Brian Whipple

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey, I thought you said your middle name was Brian and your first name started with S. Do you think we aren't paying attention?

4. Dec 12, 2004 #3
    yeah, but since everyone knows me as Brian that is what all the letters I've gotten so far use. I don't want to confuse the jury.

5. Dec 12, 2004 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Got it! :biggrin:

6. Dec 12, 2004 #5
    not yet, but you're going to.

7. Dec 12, 2004 #6

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

How about posting the address and name of the judge or DA, so that we could write letters to the court.

8. Dec 12, 2004 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good suggestion Astronuc! That would be who the letters need to be addressed to, and better if they go directly to the judge or DA than through tribdog's email. That way we can stick them in the real mail on letterhead with a signature and all that good stuff!

9. Dec 12, 2004 #8
    Let me ask my Public Defender who I should be having the letters sent to. and thanks again. I'll post the address as soon as I know.

10. Dec 12, 2004 #9
    I am in trouble for being too trusting, so please don't send any hate mail, or letters saying you heard me confess or anything like that. I trust most of you.

11. Dec 12, 2004 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Can we tell them about you melting the carpet trying to thaw a can of Coke with a torch? :rofl:

12. Dec 12, 2004 #11
    it does point out my lack of common sense. which it really the ONLY thing I'm guilty of.

13. Dec 12, 2004 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! Too bad we weren't first-hand witnesses to that! Mmm...actually, maybe better not. Some things I just don't need to see for myself! :rofl:

14. Dec 12, 2004 #13

Mk

How did everyone get awards? Funniest member... Bio guru, Physics guru, science advisor?

15. Dec 12, 2004 #14
    That is true actually :approve:
    You are intelligent Tribdog, I know at least that about you. I hope the judge is intelligent too...

16. Dec 12, 2004 #15

honestrosewater

Gold Member

What's the charge? Er, if you've already told everyone.

17. Dec 13, 2004 #16
    My Public Defender says send anything to her. Her fax number is (602) 506-2865. Her Name is Amy Sitver
    Letters pointing out my lack of common sense are good, if they don't get too outrageous. Basically nice things about me please.
    Please email me a copy of any letter you send. I go back to court on Wednesday to take another stab at making a plea bargain. If I had a handful of letters it could only help. Thanks.

18. Dec 13, 2004 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In order to address anything correctly, we need her mailing address too.

19. Dec 13, 2004 #18

Evo

Trib, are we supposed to mention that we only know you on an internet forum? At least it is an academic forum and not "candy's chat room".

Moonbear's signature will look impressive, being a doctor. :approve: (we just won't mention that she specializes in sex) :biggrin:

You joke around alot, but I've seen a lot of good in you when you're serious. I trust you.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  20. Dec 13, 2004 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's my plan, to point out it's an academic forum.

Oh, you mean I shouldn't sign it Dr. Moonbear, Sexologist? :rofl: Seriously, that's why I need a real address for this thing, because I'll do the whole letterhead thing and make it look right. Those lawyer-types are always so formal and get impressed easily by a bunch of letters after a name.

He reminds me of my one step-brother...the one who fell off a roof :biggrin: (yes, one of the ones I actually get along with and think is a good-guy at heart).

21. Dec 13, 2004 #20

Evo

I agree, an address is needed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?