How can I help Brian Whipple in his legal battle?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: Please email me a copy of any letter you send. I go back to court on Wednesday to take another stab at making a plea bargain. If I had a handful of letters it could only help. Thanks.
tribdog
I've decided to fight this, if I lose I go to jail for 4.5 years, but if I take the plea offer it is only 6 months, but I am not guilty and I'm going to hope the jury sees it. If any of you have fancy sounding names, or are good at writing letters I could use some character references. I know you only know me from here, but if you could just say something nice, or that I'm a regular poster here or anything like that I'm going to try flooding them with letters. I think I've talked about feeding homeless people, and that since I was stabbed I no longer care about material things as much. I don't want anyone to lie, and you won't be called into court. Or even mention the funniest award and how I've stopped joking since this started. then send it to me at tribdog@msn.com.
ps my name is Brian Whipple

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey, I thought you said your middle name was Brian and your first name started with S. Do you think we aren't paying attention?

yeah, but since everyone knows me as Brian that is what all the letters I've gotten so far use. I don't want to confuse the jury.

Got it! :biggrin:

not yet, but you're going to.

How about posting the address and name of the judge or DA, so that we could write letters to the court.

Good suggestion Astronuc! That would be who the letters need to be addressed to, and better if they go directly to the judge or DA than through tribdog's email. That way we can stick them in the real mail on letterhead with a signature and all that good stuff!

Let me ask my Public Defender who I should be having the letters sent to. and thanks again. I'll post the address as soon as I know.

I am in trouble for being too trusting, so please don't send any hate mail, or letters saying you heard me confess or anything like that. I trust most of you.

Can we tell them about you melting the carpet trying to thaw a can of Coke with a torch? :rofl:

it does point out my lack of common sense. which it really the ONLY thing I'm guilty of.

LOL! Too bad we weren't first-hand witnesses to that! Mmm...actually, maybe better not. Some things I just don't need to see for myself! :rofl:

How did everyone get awards? Funniest member... Bio guru, Physics guru, science advisor?

tribdog said:
it does point out my lack of common sense. which it really the ONLY thing I'm guilty of.
That is true actually :approve:
You are intelligent Tribdog, I know at least that about you. I hope the judge is intelligent too...

What's the charge? Er, if you've already told everyone.

My Public Defender says send anything to her. Her fax number is (602) 506-2865. Her Name is Amy Sitver
Letters pointing out my lack of common sense are good, if they don't get too outrageous. Basically nice things about me please.
Please email me a copy of any letter you send. I go back to court on Wednesday to take another stab at making a plea bargain. If I had a handful of letters it could only help. Thanks.

In order to address anything correctly, we need her mailing address too.

Trib, are we supposed to mention that we only know you on an internet forum? At least it is an academic forum and not "candy's chat room".

Moonbear's signature will look impressive, being a doctor. :approve: (we just won't mention that she specializes in sex) :biggrin:

You joke around alot, but I've seen a lot of good in you when you're serious. I trust you.

Last edited:
Evo said:
Trib, are we supposed to mention that we only know you on an internet forum? At least it is an academic forum and not "candy's chat room".

That's my plan, to point out it's an academic forum.

Moonbear's signature will look impressive, being a doctor. :approve: (we just won't mention that she specializes in sex) :biggrin:

Oh, you mean I shouldn't sign it Dr. Moonbear, Sexologist? :rofl: Seriously, that's why I need a real address for this thing, because I'll do the whole letterhead thing and make it look right. Those lawyer-types are always so formal and get impressed easily by a bunch of letters after a name.

You joke around alot, but I've seen a lot of good in you when you're serious. I trust you.

He reminds me of my one step-brother...the one who fell off a roof :biggrin: (yes, one of the ones I actually get along with and think is a good-guy at heart).

Moonbear said:
Seriously, that's why I need a real address for this thing, because I'll do the whole letterhead thing and make it look right. Those lawyer-types are always so formal and get impressed easily by a bunch of letters after a name.
I agree, an address is needed.

I just don't think a letter could get to her before the Wednesday meeting. I've left a message asking for her mailing address but she hasn't called back. She did say a fax would be okay. If I end up taking it to a jury I can get her address in time for a letter to get here.

tribdog said:
I just don't think a letter could get to her before the Wednesday meeting. I've left a message asking for her mailing address but she hasn't called back. She did say a fax would be okay. If I end up taking it to a jury I can get her address in time for a letter to get here.
The address isn't for mailing. A formal letter needs an address on it. It goes before the greeting.

trib.I would get my case "put off" until I could get the money for a good attorney...You could lose with a public defender..unless she is driven.to be great..

tribdog said:

I can fax it as soon as I have the address and send a copy by regular mail as back-up, but as Evo says, you need the address on the letter itself. The letter will look entirely unprofessional if it doesn't have an address on it. I want to write this so the judge will actually read it.

I haven't heard from my lawyer, but here is her address
Amy L. Sitver
Attorney-At-Law
1750 South Mesa Drive
Suite 150
Mesa, Arizona 85210-6211

1. How can I donate to Brian Whipple's legal battle?

Donating to Brian Whipple's legal battle can be done through various online platforms, such as GoFundMe or PayPal. You can also reach out to Brian's legal team directly for more information on how to donate.

2. What other ways can I help Brian Whipple in his legal battle?

Aside from financial donations, you can also help by spreading awareness about Brian's case on social media or by reaching out to your local representatives. Additionally, you can offer emotional support and encouragement to Brian and his loved ones during this difficult time.

3. Is there a specific timeline for Brian Whipple's legal battle?

The timeline for Brian Whipple's legal battle is dependent on various factors, such as court proceedings and the complexity of the case. It is best to follow updates from Brian's legal team for any changes or developments.

4. Can I volunteer my services to assist Brian Whipple's legal battle?

Unfortunately, as a scientist, it is unlikely that your services would be needed in Brian Whipple's legal battle. However, you can always offer your expertise and knowledge in support of his case, such as providing expert testimony if needed.

5. How can I stay informed about updates on Brian Whipple's legal battle?

You can follow Brian's legal team on social media for updates, or sign up for email newsletters and notifications. It is also important to regularly check for updates on any official legal websites or news outlets covering the case.