Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you wear glasses?

1. May 28, 2006 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Would you wear these?
    [​IMG]
    http://www.livescience.com/scienceoffiction/060522_pierce_glasses.html
    A little "cyber" for my tastes, but I think it could catch on here in L.A. There are a lot of people who walk around with a cellphone strapped to the ear.

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2006 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

no no no no no no no

4. May 28, 2006 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

C'mon, Pengwuino. These would be cute on you. Come here - let me pierce your beak. It won't hurt, I promise.

5. May 28, 2006 #4
    It would be very tragic if that person were to unwittingly get an MRI with those rare earth magnets in their nose... :uhh:

6. May 28, 2006 #5
    By the way, this is the worst commercial product ever invented, and it is completely unmarketable. I'd pick ordinary, "inconvenient" glasses over this horror, any day.

7. May 28, 2006 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Come to California. Nothing is unmarketable in this literal human wasteland.

8. May 28, 2006 #7

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I looks like the sides of the bridge of his nose is redder than the rest, and the left side swollen.

I have to wear reading glasses now, which I find irritating. I do not like to wear them continually.

9. May 28, 2006 #8

Evo

Oh, no, no, no. :surprised

10. May 28, 2006 #9

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Why not just bolt it to the bone?

I'd hate it if'n the glasses got snagged on a sweater or something.

11. May 28, 2006 #10

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Unmarketable ?? Didn't you know those rare earth magnets get rid of sinuses, improve your vision and sharpen your mind, to say nothing about making you sexually irresistible ?

And once you've gotten used to breathing liquid nitrogen, you can do all those cool levitation demos on the tip of your nose. How neat would that be ?

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  12. May 28, 2006 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just bought my first pair last week. :grumpy: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have had 20/15 vision in both eyes since my late teens.... this sucks.

13. May 28, 2006 #12
    The risk for cellulitis that could lead to menengitis is WAY TOO HIGH to do that! :yuck:

14. May 28, 2006 #13

Astronuc

Tell me about it. My distance vision is fine, but its basically 30-45 cm (12-18 inches) where I need reading glasses - for reading papers and the computer screen. The eyes are simply less flexible by the time someone reaches about 50. :biggrin:

I've already lost one pair. :grumpy: Left it somewhere in the boarding area at an airport just before I caught a late night flight from west to east coast. So now I have 4 pair. :yuck:

15. May 28, 2006 #14

rcgldr

Homework Helper

Their called contacts. I wear gas-perm hard lenses (corrected vision is a bit better than 20/15). I use reading glasses in addition for close up work.

16. May 28, 2006 #15
    I you take my glasses and turn them backwards it also serves as a telescope.

17. May 28, 2006 #16

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

NO........

18. May 28, 2006 #17

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Aiieeee!!

The magnets are actually in the glasses, not the piercing. Besides, yeah, they remove piercings before MRIs.

Which is why they're only attached with magnets...

Yeah, I had a rare earth magnet once. Now I have no sinuses. :rofl:

Ouuuuuch! I have dents in my car's hood from my fist, parked on the side of the highway, throwing myself around from the stabbing pain of a microscopic piece of dust under a hard lens. :eek:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?