Support Physics Forums: Tell Friends & Professors!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation suggests promoting Physics Forums by telling classmates, friends, and professors/teachers. One person suggests starting a contest to see who can get the most people to sign up, while another admits they may not be successful due to their circle of acquaintances. However, they still plan on promoting the forum to others.
Show your support by telling your classmates, friends and professors/teachers about physics forums! :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
consider it done boss

Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
consider it done boss

good to hear! maybe we should start up a contest to see who gets the most friends to sign up

I've been telling pretty much anyone who might even show the most marginal interest in science and philosophy about the PFs, but, so far I haven't gotten anyone to sign up (though I wasn't really trying to).

The "contest" isn't really a bad idea, though I'd probably lose .

Hummm, in the "circles" that I travel in, Hummm, oh well, I'd lose that contest real fast!

But I have endevoured to tell people about it, in the past, and will probably continue, just that, unless I start advertising (or something like that) it at Queensu, their unlikely to know.

1. What is "Support Physics Forums: Tell Friends & Professors!" and why is it important?

"Support Physics Forums: Tell Friends & Professors!" is a campaign to raise awareness and encourage people to spread the word about Physics Forums, a popular online community for physics and science enthusiasts. By telling your friends and professors about Physics Forums, you are helping to grow the community and create a valuable resource for students and professionals alike.

2. How can I support Physics Forums and participate in the campaign?

You can support Physics Forums by simply telling your friends and professors about the website and its resources. You can also share posts and discussions from Physics Forums on social media and encourage others to join the community. Additionally, you can donate to Physics Forums to help cover the costs of running the website.

3. What are the benefits of supporting Physics Forums?

Supporting Physics Forums helps to create a larger and more diverse community of physics and science enthusiasts. This can lead to more engaging discussions, a wider range of perspectives and expertise, and a stronger network for students and professionals to connect with each other. Additionally, by supporting Physics Forums, you are contributing to the growth and development of a valuable educational resource.

4. Can I support Physics Forums even if I am not a scientist or student?

Absolutely! While Physics Forums is primarily geared towards science and physics enthusiasts, anyone can support the community by spreading the word and promoting discussions and resources on social media. You can also consider making a donation to help keep the website running and accessible to everyone.

5. Is there a deadline for the "Support Physics Forums: Tell Friends & Professors!" campaign?

No, there is no deadline for this campaign. You can support Physics Forums at any time by spreading the word and participating in discussions. However, the more people who are aware of and engaged in the community, the more valuable it becomes, so we encourage you to take action as soon as possible!