How Has Superconductivity Evolved Since 1994?

• Thread starter bryan murray
  • Start date
In summary, "Revisiting Superconductivity: A Personal Journey" is a memoir written by renowned physicist Michael Tinkham, reflecting on his experiences and contributions to the field of superconductivity. Tinkham discusses his early fascination with the subject, his work on superconductors at Bell Labs, and his involvement in the discovery of high-temperature superconductivity. He also shares his thoughts on the future of superconductivity and its potential applications in technology. Overall, the memoir offers a unique and personal perspective on the history and development of this fascinating phenomenon.
bryan murray
Hi

my name is Bry Murray. I'm a semiretired IT consultant, but back in the day I was a physics student. I did a PhD on superconductivity in 1994 at Nottingham University.

I'm now back on the physics and spend 2 days a week in the George Green library at Nottingham University revising and relearning physics, I'm the old guy with the pad of A4, surrounded by lots of books... looking confused.

Hoping to get myself back up to speed over the next few years. Lot's to learn.

Cheers

Bry

Likes berkeman and YoungPhysicist
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

bryan murray said:
I did a PhD on superconductivity in 1994 at Nottingham University.
Fantastic!

Back