Doctor, it hurts when I do this

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Doctor
In summary: You need to see a PT to stretch it and loosen it up. If there's no swelling and the pain is not severe, then you can try icing it. If it's severe, then you need to see a PT.
hypnagogue said:
Wow. Rico Suave. :rofl:
I thought the same thing. This guy's some kind of serious lady killer.

Physics news on Phys.org
Math, I have some vicadin left over from when I had my tooth pulled. I just wish they'd get those star trek transporters invented so I could beam it to you.

Math Is Hard said:
Ouch! I sympathize! Must have been hell walking around like that. Did you have to walk sideways?
I sort of do anyway.

Are you feeling better yet tonight? If it's not getting better, see a doctor tomorrow (sorry, I'm teaching med students this semester, so am prone to thinking of things like referred pain from more serious problems, which it probably isn't, but I can't help from coming to mind). I did wake up with some horrid crick in my neck once like that...I was a teen at the time, and just moving my head the slightest sent shooting pains through my neck, and raising my arm to brush my hair nearly brought me to tears. I don't know what I did, but it was excruciating (never before or since then have I experience something so painful), but then it was just gone again when I woke up the next day. Hopefully, whatever you've done to yourself goes away as quickly too.

Low potassium levels can cause muscle cramping, but usually you'll first experience that in the legs. Nothing wrong with eating a banana anyway, but if your potassium levels were so low as to be causing muscle cramping, a banana isn't going to be enough to correct it...and it would be good reason to see a doctor to check that out. Unless you are on some crazy diet that might be depriving you of nutrients, you'd want to know why your potassium was too low (it is a side effect of some high blood pressure medications, if you're on any...if so, it would be wise to get that checked; the doctor can give you potassium supplements or possibly change your prescription if that's the problem).

tribdog said:
I sort of do anyway.
You should have been
a pair of ragged claws
scuttling across the floors of silent seas.

don't be such a pain in the neck, Moonbear.
Actually I just had my blood pressure checked. I've always been down at the bottom of the scale. very low, but healthy low. I registered high this time. it was something like 130 over 80 or 90. Am I going to die?

Moonbear said:
Nothing wrong with eating a banana anyway...
Careful what you advise. We're talking about the woman who nearly took her eye out with a piece of paper. No telling what damage she could do with a banana.

Foreign rectal objects can be a problem.

Mk said:
Foreign rectal objects can be a problem.
Spoken like a true foreign rectal object.

That reminds me... is Talk Like A Pirate Day only once a year? That doesn't seem nearly often enough. Maybe there should be a whole series of Talk Like A [...] days.

Talk Like A Carny Day
Talk Like A Leprechaun Day
Talk Like A Politician Day
Talk Like A Mime Day
Talk Like A Wino Day
Talk Like A Television Evangelist Day
Talk Like A British Guy Who Wears An Ascot With His Silk Robe While Smoking His Pipe Day

Just an idea.

zoobyshoe said:
Careful what you advise. We're talking about the woman who nearly took her eye out with a piece of paper. No telling what damage she could do with a banana.
:rofl: I never thought of a banana as dangerous before...well, maybe if we let tribdog near it...and as long as she was eating it and not...:blushing: Never mind.

Here I was with pedestrian comic visions of her slipping on the peel...now I wish I hadn't said anything.

I was thinking more along the lines of poking herself in the eye with it. does the p in pf stand for perversions?

I seem to be fine today. It only feel a little bit of soreness if I have to look waaayy over my shoulder. It's funny how sleeping in a weird position can cause that much of a problem.

Math Is Hard said:
I seem to be fine today. It only feel a little bit of soreness if I have to look waaayy over my shoulder. It's funny how sleeping in a weird position can cause that much of a problem.
Glad to hear that you're feeling better today.

Math Is Hard said:
Glad to hear it. When this happens to me it tends to linger painfully for a couple weeks. I also have no idea how it gets triggered. All I know is I wake up in pain. Hope yours is completely gone soon.

Thanks, y'all. I blame the cat. She was hogging the bed and I was trying to sleep around her. It's my own fault for giving her all those table scraps.
http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/R/8/large_cat1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
Thanks, y'all. I blame the cat. She was hogging the bed and I was trying to sleep around her. It's my own fault for giving her all those table scraps.
http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/R/8/large_cat1.jpg
[/URL]
My God, Math. The way you just heft that beast up! You're as strong as a zoobie!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, MIH, what ate your cat?

I think that might actually be a small zooby that I'm hefting. Look at those big ol' feet!