Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Doctor Who first 4 episodes

1. Nov 20, 2013 #1

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

to mark the 50th anniverary of doctor who, the first 4 episodes are being re-broadcast on bb4 tv (uk) tomorrow

(that's one episode in the school, and 3 episodes with the cavemen)

soon available on iplayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00jxl63/episodes/guide

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2013 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

After seeing the subject I was almost sure it is another TV spammer, and I had banhammer ready.

4. Nov 20, 2013 #3
    Then imagine my reaction to a thread named 'Girls!'.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    it seems despite zoobies fervent well wishes I still have yet to get better and remain a very horrible person.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  5. Nov 20, 2013 #4
    Other 50th anniversary releases:
    The Night of the Doctor

-U3jrS-uhuo[/youtube] (Miniepisode...and how and by what means the Time War ended.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  6. Nov 20, 2013 #5

strangerep

Science Advisor

Shouldn't this thread be in the Sci-Fi forum? :biggrin:

I watched them when they first came out on b/w TV as a very young child. :eek:

I was a bit bored by most of the 1st episode, which was mostly just mysterious, but it ended with a cliff-hanger and the screaming lead-in to the (original) intoxicating theme music. But then I found the 3 caveman epsiodes rather boring and frustrating. The next 12(?) episodes after that were the original dalek encounter on Skaro, and had me hooked by the end of the 1st of these. That must the first and only time a dalek used its ray gun (on poor hapless Ian, iirc) without it being fatal. Seems like daleks ever since then have their weapons permanently set on "kill".

Sometimes I wish my memory could be temporarily wiped and that the modern Dr Who production team would re-make the Skaro encounter properly with modern technology.

7. Nov 22, 2013 #6

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

8. Nov 22, 2013 #7
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  9. Nov 22, 2013 #8

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

10. Nov 22, 2013 #9

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

11. Nov 23, 2013 #10
  12. Nov 23, 2013 #11

prequel to Day of the Doctor

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook