1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Job Skills DoE SULI Fall 2015

1. Jun 13, 2015 #1
    I applied for the SULI program for this fall and I'm really antsy to find out if I got in or not. I applied at PNNL and LANL. Has anyone heard back about their acceptance yet?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2015 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Good heavens. The web site says "offer notification period begins on or around" June 8th and goes on until August 3rd. If you are getting this antsy on the 13th, a career in science will drive you stark, raving bonkers.

4. Jun 13, 2015 #3
    If being antsy means you aren't fit for science, I should just drop my major now :)

Curly, last summer I roomed with a girl who applied for SULI at LANL in the fall. She heard back (accepted, but had to find her own research mentor) in the middle of July, but only after contacting them. If I were in your position, I'd maybe give them a call around the middle of July.

5. Jun 13, 2015 #4

QuantumCurt

Education Advisor

Give it some time. I applied and was accepted into one of the summer 2015 DOE internships at Fermilab. I didn't get my notification until fairly late in the notification period. Quit being antsy. There's a good chance that you won't hear anything for another month or so.

Keep in mind that the people making these decisions are currently training their summer interns, attending meetings, doing research, and fulfilling their many other obligations. Reviewing applications for interns is relatively low on their list of priorities.

6. Jun 13, 2015 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

A career in science requires a lot of proposal and application writing. Like I said, if waiting makes you antsy, one's career will be very unpleasant.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook