Does any one know where can I buy Potassium superoxide?

• Thread starter stamba
  • Start date
In summary, the person is from Yugoslavia and is looking for potassium superoxide for their experiments. They are having trouble finding a place to buy it, but someone suggests checking the VWR website, where they found it available in Germany. The person expresses gratitude and will look into it.
stamba
Hello,
Please help me. I need potassium superoxide for my experiments, but I have no place to buy it. I am from Yugoslavia and it seems that no one is shipping it.

If you know anyplace please send on my mail:
stamba@absolutok.net
or answer here.

Thanks.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I just looked at the VWR website (vwr.com). They have branches in many European countries, though not in any of the Slavic states. Anyway I went to their German site, where I searched for KO2 and found kalium superoxid available.

Check that out.

Thanks

Thank you. I will just check it out.
Thanks again.

1. What is Potassium superoxide?

Potassium superoxide is a chemical compound with the formula KO2. It is a yellowish solid with a pungent odor and is highly reactive.

2. What is the use of Potassium superoxide?

Potassium superoxide is commonly used as a source of oxygen in self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBAs) and oxygen generators. It is also used as a powerful oxidizing agent in chemical reactions and in the production of fireworks.

3. Where can I buy Potassium superoxide?

Potassium superoxide can be purchased from chemical suppliers or online retailers that specialize in laboratory chemicals. It is important to handle this compound with caution and follow safety protocols when purchasing and handling.

4. Is Potassium superoxide dangerous to handle?

Yes, Potassium superoxide is highly reactive and can cause severe burns if it comes in contact with skin. It also releases oxygen, which can increase the risk of fire. Proper precautions and safety measures should be taken when handling this compound.

5. Can I make my own Potassium superoxide?

No, Potassium superoxide cannot be made in a typical laboratory setting. It requires specialized equipment and processes to synthesize this compound safely. It is recommended to purchase Potassium superoxide from reputable suppliers instead of attempting to make it on your own.