Does anyone here eat at McDonald's

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary: I take off the pickle. :smile:In summary, McDonald's has received a lot of negative attention, including being accused of using cow eyeballs and hooves in their meat, having high fat content in their salads and McGriddles, and being responsible for children knowing who Ronald McDonald is but not important figures like Jesus or George Bush. However, many of these statements have been proven to be false, and it ultimately comes down to personal choice in what one chooses to eat. Some people prefer other fast food options like Hardee's, while others enjoy McDonald's salads and other items on their menu.
JamesU
Gold Member
Does anyone here eat at McDonald's? Does anyone here eat at McDonald's Since the movie Super Size Me? Just a few tips for when you go back:

-McDonald's is said to be the world's largest purchaser of cow eyeballs. :yuck:

-McDonald's salads have more fat calories than Big Macs :yuck: :bugeye:

-That tiny McGriddle is the most fattening thing there. :bugeye: :yuck:

-Kids knew who Ronald McDonald was, but not Jesus or George Bush :bugeye: :grumpy:

-Watch the movie Super Size Me. :wink:

I hope you never eat there again. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I do, but only when i go away to college and that's about every 10 weeks or so for 2 weeks at a time, and i only eat there twice a week and then go to pizza hut for the other 3 days.

I don't like it much though.

Some new insight:

-McDonald's puts cow hooves and snouts in their meat. :yuck:

-McDOnald's also puts worm meat in their hamburgers :yuck: :grumpy:

-US children get the Majority of their antibiotics from McDonald's meat :confused:

lol, so although i mite get fat eating at mcdonalds I am less likely to get the flu!

Andy said:
lol, so although i mite get fat eating at mcdonalds I am less likely to get the flu!
Watch out for other diseases! you still have assorted cow and worm parts!

yomamma said:
Does anyone here eat at McDonald's? Does anyone here eat at McDonald's Since the movie Super Size Me? Just a few tips for when you go back:

-McDonald's is said to be the world's largest purchaser of cow eyeballs. :yuck:
Sure, that's for their french fr*eyes*.

-McDonald's salads have more fat calories than Big Macs :yuck: :bugeye:
A Big Mac has 292 fat calories. A McDonald's grilled chicken salad with Ranch dressing has about 130 fat calories, so that's wrong.

-That tiny McGriddle is the most fattening thing there. :bugeye: :yuck:
No normal person would eat a meat sandwich that was flavored with syrup. :yuck: Also, it's not the most fattening thing, but close.

-Kids knew who Ronald McDonald was, but not Jesus or George Bush :bugeye: :grumpy:
I don't see a problem with that, except Ronald is a clown and clowns are just WRONG!

-Watch the movie Super Size Me. :wink:
Sorry, sounds like a bunch of hooey. :rolleyes:

A lot of surprising statements, but why should I care? (I don't eat salad or McGriddle)

Hurkyl said:
A lot of surprising statements, but why should I care? (I don't eat salad or McGriddle)
All untrue statements. But I rarely eat there, Hardee's is so much better.

Evo said:
Sure, that's for their french fr*eyes*.
:rofl:

Evo said:
I don't see a problem with that, except Ronald is a clown and clowns are just WRONG!
So's Bush... on both counts.

Hurkyl said:
Yet you don't care about the fact that you're eating worms or assorted cow organs? :yuck:

Why should I care?

The only things I eat at mac donalds are their sundae icecreams and their side-salad (no meat). Oh, and the french fries. Burgers are gross, who wants to eat such a processed piece of meat..

Worms are in better shape than cows are. They're probably better for you.

yomamma said:
Yet you don't care about the fact that you're eating worms or assorted cow organs? :yuck:
Technically, why would eating organs be so much worse than eating cow meat?

Evo said:

Not agreed. Sandwich from Prets are better! :tongue2:

yomamma said:
Even if this is true in the US (and I'm skeptical about it), it definitely doesn't apply in Canada. Our food standards are very strictly monitored and enforced. That's one of the reasons we called BS on the beef-ban (and the North American mad-cow thing actually started in the States, but was covered up until a case popped up here and they could blame it on us). :grumpy:

Monique said:
Technically, why would eating organs be so much worse than eating cow meat?
I believe that the worms and organs would be leaner, unfortunately government food inspectors limit the amount of these that can be included in fast food, along with fur, urine and feces. :grumpy:

Monique said:
Oh, and the french fries. Burgers are gross, who wants to eat such a processed piece of meat..
-McDonald's cooked its french fries in a mixture of about seven percent cottonseed oil and 93 percent beef tallow. :yuck: :bugeye:

-Mcdonald's cows are killed by repeatedly stabbing them in the back while still consious :yuck:

-McDonald's pigs are killed by repeatedly slicing them in the tracheal area while still consious :yuck:

The urban myth pages already hit on all the McDonalds BS, of course 99% of it is not true. The 1% true is a high fat content in the McGriddles.
As for fast food being fatter then other foods, it all depends on what YOU choose to eat. If you ate my Mom's cooking, 3 meals everyday for 6 months, you would mimic the movie{supersize}.{I still love you Mom}

hypatia said:
The urban myth pages already hit on all the McDonalds BS, of course 99% of it is not true. The 1% true is a high fat content in the McGriddles.
As for fast food being fatter then other foods, it all depends on what YOU choose to eat. If you ate my Mom's cooking, 3 meals everyday for 6 months, you would mimic the movie{supersize}.{I still love you Mom}
Go to the McD's Website and llok at their ingredient list. :devil:

I cook with beef tallow, it gives food a great flavor

Evo said:
Oh, I'd kill for a Hardee's burger. I don't think I've had one in 20 years. But it's those little square Krystal hamburgers that I really miss. YUM! :tongue2:

I really like McDonald's salads and their fruit and yogurt parfaits. I even like their cheeseburgers every once in a great while. I thought Supersize Me was unfair to McDonalds. I really don't see what's wrong with going there for a treat now and then. Of course, eating there 3 meals a day, every single day? C'mon no one really does that.

I heard something on the radio recently about McDonald's opening in India of all places. Apparently, they have to have two separate kitchen's - one where the meat items are prepared and one where the vegetarian items are prepared. They are supposed to cake great caution that there is no contamination of the veggies with the meat. And I seem to recall that the Big Macs over there are actually made with lamb rather than beef.

Monique said:
The only things I eat at mac donalds are their sundae icecreams and their side-salad
Side salad-

Grilled Chicken Breast Filet (for salads)
Boneless, skinless chicken breast filets with rib meat containing: up to 12% of a solution of water, seasoning [salt, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, spices, whey, flavor (maltodextrin, natural flavors (vegetable source), dextrose, monosodium glutamate), partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oils, Romano cheese (Romano cheese {milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, calcium chloride}, nonfat dry milk, disodium phosphate), parmesan cheese powder (enzyme modified parmesan cheese {milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, calcium chloride}, nonfat dry milk, disodium phosphate), methylcellulose, xanthan gum, cheese flavor (dehydrated cheddar cheese {cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes}, maltodextrin, autolyzed yeast extract), extractives of paprika (color), potassium sorbate (preservative), citric acid, and less than 2% silicon dioxide added to prevent caking], vegetable oil [partially hydrogenated soybean oil, corn oil, citric acid (preservative)], sodium phosphates. May contain wheat from contact with Crispy Chicken Breast Filet.

Mcdonals has excellent coffe !

stoned said:
A very nice, uncontaminated choice at McDonalds! :smile:

stoned said:
Yes, much better than that swill at Starbucks!

MMMMMMM, MGGHHHH! Chick-fil-a! :tongue2: :tongue: :!)

Sorry, but this is urban legend. I'm still laughing about them being the largest purchaser of cow eyeballs. Only likely to be true if they are also the largest purchaser of the rest of the cow (you know, you don't the cow without the eyeballs; people would complain too much if they were sold that way).

I have no interest in watching "Super Size Me." No sensible person would question that eating nothing but super-sized McDonalds meals would be unhealthy, so watching someone make a pig of himself is not my idea of either entertainment or of a quality documentary.

Edit: Directly from McDonald's website...
Beef Patty:
100% pure USDA inspected beef; no additives, no fillers, no extenders.

French Fries:
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef source), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil).

The ingredients for all their menu items are here: http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.categories.ingredients.index.html

If I go to McDonalds (once every few months), my usual meal there is a hamburger, small fries and a small Coke. Here's the nutrition information on that: http://app.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal?process=flash

Not even quite as bad as I expected it to be!

Last edited by a moderator:
those little square Krystal hamburgers

We have those here at a place called WhiteCastles{est1920} I get a craveing for them about once a year. After eating them I start recalling other names for them...gut bombs, sliders and ones I can't mention.

supersize me is actually a damn good movie

hypatia said:
We have those here at a place called WhiteCastles{est1920} I get a craveing for them about once a year. After eating them I start recalling other names for them...gut bombs, sliders and ones I can't mention.

I can't believe how much White Castle thrives in MI and OH. They all but went extinct in NJ. I think there was ONE White Castle out near a mall about a 30 min drive from where I lived, and it was usually pretty empty (after eating there once, I realized why :yuck:). I was shocked when I moved to MI, and then to OH and there are White Castles on nearly every corner, and people actually eat there! :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: I don't even understand it. There's one a few blocks from my house, and a McDonalds across the street. Geez, if you're going to get fast food, at least go a little upscale and get McDonalds.

**** ! I'm vegan and I ate freedom fries recently, I was thinking of course fries are 100% animal free, but they add some beef vlavour to it ! :mad:

Where are you getting your information from? If you could source some sites I'd be interested in reading them.

check Moonbear's post# 28, there is a link to Mcdonalds site where they list all ingredients in their food :yuck:

Thanks stoned. Somehow I skipped right over the second page without noticing.
What I was curious about is where Yomamma was getting his information from.

Back