Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does anyone here eat at McDonald's

1. May 8, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

Does anyone here eat at McDonald's? Does anyone here eat at McDonald's Since the movie Super Size Me? Just a few tips for when you go back:

-McDonald's is said to be the world's largest purchaser of cow eyeballs. :yuck:

-McDonald's salads have more fat calories than Big Macs :yuck: :bugeye:

-That tiny McGriddle is the most fattening thing there. :bugeye: :yuck:

-Kids knew who Ronald McDonald was, but not Jesus or George Bush :bugeye: :grumpy:

-Watch the movie Super Size Me. :wink:

I hope you never eat there again. :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. May 8, 2005 #2
    I do, but only when i go away to college and thats about every 10 weeks or so for 2 weeks at a time, and i only eat there twice a week and then go to pizza hut for the other 3 days.

I dont like it much though.

4. May 8, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

Some new insight:

-McDonald's puts cow hooves and snouts in their meat. :yuck: :surprised

-McDOnald's also puts worm meat in their hamburgers :yuck: :grumpy: :surprised

-US children get the Majority of their antibiotics from McDonald's meat :confused: :surprised

5. May 8, 2005 #4
    lol, so although i mite get fat eating at mcdonalds im less likely to get the flu!

6. May 8, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

Watch out for other diseases! you still have assorted cow and worm parts!

7. May 8, 2005 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sure, that's for their french fr*eyes*.

A Big Mac has 292 fat calories. A McDonald's grilled chicken salad with Ranch dressing has about 130 fat calories, so that's wrong.

No normal person would eat a meat sandwich that was flavored with syrup. :yuck: Also, it's not the most fattening thing, but close.

I don't see a problem with that, except Ronald is a clown and clowns are just WRONG!

Sorry, sounds like a bunch of hooey. :rolleyes:

8. May 8, 2005 #7

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A lot of surprising statements, but why should I care? (I don't eat salad or McGriddle)

9. May 8, 2005 #8

Evo

All untrue statements. But I rarely eat there, Hardee's is so much better.

10. May 8, 2005 #9

Danger

Gold Member

:rofl:

So's Bush... on both counts.

11. May 8, 2005 #10

JamesU

Gold Member

Yet you don't care about the fact that you're eating worms or assorted cow organs? :yuck:

12. May 8, 2005 #11

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why should I care?

13. May 8, 2005 #12

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The only things I eat at mac donalds are their sundae icecreams and their side-salad (no meat). Oh, and the french fries. Burgers are gross, who wants to eat such a processed piece of meat..

14. May 8, 2005 #13

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Worms are in better shape than cows are. They're probably better for you.

15. May 8, 2005 #14

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Technically, why would eating organs be so much worse than eating cow meat?

16. May 8, 2005 #15
    Not agreed. Sandwich from Prets are better! :tongue2:

17. May 8, 2005 #16

Danger

Gold Member

Even if this is true in the US (and I'm skeptical about it), it definitely doesn't apply in Canada. Our food standards are very strictly monitored and enforced. That's one of the reasons we called BS on the beef-ban (and the North American mad-cow thing actually started in the States, but was covered up until a case popped up here and they could blame it on us). :grumpy:

18. May 8, 2005 #17

Evo

I believe that the worms and organs would be leaner, unfortunately government food inspectors limit the amount of these that can be included in fast food, along with fur, urine and feces. :grumpy:

19. May 8, 2005 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

-McDonald's cooked its french fries in a mixture of about seven percent cottonseed oil and 93 percent beef tallow. :yuck: :bugeye:

-Mcdonald's cows are killed by repeatedly stabbing them in the back while still consious :yuck: :surprised

-McDonald's pigs are killed by repeatedly slicing them in the tracheal area while still consious :surprised :yuck:

20. May 8, 2005 #19
    The urban myth pages already hit on all the McDonalds BS, of course 99% of it is not true. The 1% true is a high fat content in the McGriddles.
    As for fast food being fatter then other foods, it all depends on what YOU choose to eat. If you ate my Mom's cooking, 3 meals everyday for 6 months, you would mimic the movie{supersize}.{I still love ya Mom}

21. May 8, 2005 #20

JamesU

Gold Member

Go to the McD's Website and llok at their ingredient list. :devil:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?