Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does anyone know MacOS X better than I do?

1. Sep 26, 2003 #1
    I'm wondering if there is a way that I can make a script or something like that so that my screen saver can turn on at the login screen. I don't want my screen dying from sitting at that blue screen for so long and I don't know how to set it up to do that. Any help would be appreciated greatly!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2003 #2
    your screen won't die, back in the day monitors would get burned from static images been displayed for a long period of time but anymore screensavers are just for looks.
  4. Sep 27, 2003 #3
    oh okay

well can i have one for looks anyways? or at least make the screen go black.

I also find it'd hard to sleep when i leave my computer running and the blue screen glowing like a treasure chest you'd see in the movies. Also, since I have an old bubble iMac i can't shut off the monitor without killing my server software. The only way to do that is to put it into sleep mode and Apache doesnt seem to run (or at least properly) with my computer in sleep mode.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2003
  5. Sep 27, 2003 #4
    well i know you can have one if you go past the login screen, but i am really don't know otherwise.
  6. Sep 27, 2003 #5
    Yeah I know I can make a screen saver after the login screen but I want to know if there is a way i can have one at the login screen just for the hell of it
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?