Need Help with English to Polish Translation?

• Thread starter zk4586
  • Start date
In summary, the poet's Polish friend was valedictorian this year, and she asked him to help her write her speech. He made up this poem, and he plans to surprise her tomorrow by reading it to her.
zk4586
I could use your help with a little translation if you do. That's an English into Polish translation. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
My Mother is from Krakow, Poland ... Sure, I would be more than happy to help. ~Werdas

Cześć. Jak się ma twoja rodzina? :smile:

A little Kabaska and a dab of Polish needed here!

BoulderHead said:

Well, how did my mother find me? ROFLLLL ~

:rofl: :rofl:

These hyperlinks will probably help you...

zk4586 said:
I could use your help with a little translation if you do. That's an English into Polish translation. Thanks.

These hyperlinks might help. I see my mother rolling on the floor :rofl: laughing (look above) ... :rofl: she has been dipping in the sacred wine again. :rofl:

An English - Polish online dictionary:
http://galaxy.uci.agh.edu.pl/~polak/slownik/

A list of Polish verbs conjugated:
http://www.logos.it/verbi/all_verbs_index_pl.html [Broken]

A Polish Online course:
http://golem.umcs.lublin.pl/users/ppikuta/lessons/less0.htm

The Polish section of travlang.com:
http://www.travlang.com/languages/polish/

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know Polish

Well generally you start with a rougher "grit" and smooth the surface until all the abrasions are gone, then progess to finer and finer grits. Remember that as the grit number goes up, it gets finer and finer. Once you get to about 600 or 800 you will not notice much difference, but keep at it. Finally you will need a paste called "jewler's rouge" that...

..what?...

Oh, Polish! Never mind.

Last edited:
What help do you need ? I'm from Poland :biggrin:

BoulderHead: nice Polish :smile:

BoulderHead said:
I believe it translates to Hi! How is it with your family?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Polish, I could help I guess.
LoL @ BoulderHead

Can youtell me what this is called in Polish ?
-♥->

Last edited:
<(^.^)/

Chi Meson said:
Well generally you start with a rougher "grit" and smooth the surface until all the abrasions are gone, then progess to finer and finer grits. Remember that as the grit number goes up, it gets finer and finer. Once you get to about 600 or 800 you will not notice much difference, but keep at it. Finally you will need a paste called "jewler's rouge" that...

..what?...

Oh, Polish! Never mind.

Whenever I use my mother's computer, for some reason for the past long period of time, there was been a bottle of "Polish Remover" sitting on her desk, and every time I read it as the nationality and not the fingernail crap, and I just think to myself "Man, don't tell the Germans about this stuff."

Pattielli said:
Can youtell me what this is called in Polish ?
-♥->

you mean a heart with an arrow in it ? "przebite serce" :biggrin:

What does it mean in English ?

Consider: Pierced heart :cry:

What exactly is it supposed to mean in English?

it means that someone is in love with someone

BoulderHead, where did you get the Polish fonts?

Chi Meson said:
Well generally you start with a rougher "grit" and smooth the surface until all the abrasions are gone, then progess to finer and finer grits...
Could you please cover shoe polishing next? I've been feeling a little scuffed up lately

Wow. It's interesting to see that my thread sparked so much discussion. Anyway, could someone, please, translate the following into Polish:

It doesn't matter what I say here
Because none of you speak Polish
So none of you know what I'm saying
All I need to do is speak very strongly
Delivering my words with great emotion
And you'll think that I'm saying something
Very beautiful
Very powerful

Maybe I'll even begin to cry
And you'll think that they are tears
Of sorrow
Brought on by the emotional force
Of my own words
But really, they will be tears
Of joy
Because this is all so funny
So none of you know what I'm saying.

I'd use an online translation device, but with something that long, it's bound to be unreliable.

Last edited:
zk4586 said:
Wow. It's interesting to see that my thread sparked so much discussion. Anyway, could someone, please, translate the following into Polish:

With great emotion
Very beautiful
Very powerful

Of sorrow
Of my own words
Of joy

I'd use an online translation device, but with something that long, it's bound to be unreliable.
Is that your poem ?

Yes, it's my poem. I just made it up. I have a Polish friend who is valedictorian this year and she asked me to help her write her speech. I told her that she should close her speech with a meaningless Polish poem, read as though it's very moving. I wanted to surprise her tomorrow and show her the poem above, translated into Polish, of course.

By the way, I modified one line in the poem ("With great emotion" becomes "Delivering my words with great emotion"). However, Pattielli quoted the original, without the modification. Anyone who plans to translate this for me, please include the modification. Thank you.

Last edited:
Robert Zaleski said:
BoulderHead, where did you get the Polish fonts?
Hello Robert,
In my version of Microsoft Word;
Insert > Symbol
The ogonec (little tail) letters and other characters with other accent marks can then be located. Select the character desired and either click ‘Insert’ to put into a document or use the Shortcut Key button to assign a keystroke combination for more rapid access the next time it is needed.

Dziekuja BoulderHead. I couldn't find those unique Polish letters in my version of Word (Version 6). I guess I may have to release my wallet from its cold, dark confinement and purchase the latest version of Word.

zoobyshoe said:
Could you please cover shoe polishing next? I've been feeling a little scuffed up lately

Start with a 1600 rpm grinder...

...no, that's a sandwich...

Start by revoving the dorsal hypertendril...

... four quarts of "Zoob lube"...

...replace the metatarsal grommets...

I'm sorry, my manual got soaking wet and I can't read it.

zk4586 said:
Delivering my words with great emotion
Very beautiful
Very powerful

Of sorrow
Of my own words
Of joy

Let's begin it: :biggrin:

Nie ma znacznia co tu powiem
Ponieważ nikt z was nie mówi po Polsku
Więc nikt z was nie wie co mówię
Wszystko co potrzebuję zrobić to mówić bardzo mocno
Wypowiadając moje słowa z wielkimi emocjami
A wy będziecie myśleć, że mówię coś
Bardzo pięknego
Bardzo mocnego

Może nawet zacznę płakać
A wy będziecie myśleć, że to łzy
Smutku
Wywołane przez moc uczuć
Moich własnych słów
Lecz naprawdę, będą to łzy
Radości
Ponieważ to wszystko takie śmieszne
Ponieważ nikt z was nie mówi po Polsku
Więc nikt z was nie wie co mówię

This translation is almost perfect (I have to change few words for everyone's sake :tongue2: - don't worry, everything's ok

Wow. Thanks a lot.

:rofl: No problem

1. What is the best way to find a reliable English to Polish translator?

The best way to find a reliable English to Polish translator is to ask for recommendations from friends or colleagues who have had previous experience with translation services. You can also search for professional translation agencies or freelance translators online and read reviews from their previous clients.

2. How much does it typically cost to translate from English to Polish?

The cost of English to Polish translation can vary depending on the length and complexity of the text, the experience of the translator, and the urgency of the project. On average, it can range from $0.10 to $0.25 per word. It is recommended to get a quote from the translator or agency before starting the project.

3. Should I use a machine translation tool for English to Polish translation?

While machine translation tools can be useful for getting a general understanding of a text, they are not recommended for important or complex translations. Machine translations often contain errors and lack the cultural nuances and context that a human translator can provide. It is best to use a professional translator for accurate and high-quality translations.

4. How long does it take to translate from English to Polish?

The time it takes to translate from English to Polish can vary depending on the length, complexity, and urgency of the text. On average, a professional translator can translate around 2000 words per day. It is recommended to discuss the timeline with the translator or agency before starting the project.

5. Can I get a certified translation from English to Polish?

Yes, you can get a certified translation from English to Polish. A certified translation is a translation that has been completed by a professional translator and includes a signed statement attesting to the accuracy and completeness of the translation. This type of translation is often required for legal, academic, or official documents.